Jul 8, 2019

Monday Update

I know this is a broken record. I've seen a lot of people talking about it. I've seen a lot of people asking this same question. How in the world is it already July??? Wow! I really can't believe how fast life is just blowing past. I'm making a lot of memories along the way but I really really need things to slow down. Here we are another Monday so let's do a Monday update.

Last week was a fast week. I had only two days at home. Monday I got started on Mom's Nautical piece after getting everything done I needed to get done. Tuesday I got a nice day of stitching while doing laundry and was able to finish up the front panel for her July piece...
For the #24HoursofCrossStitch monthly challenge this one is for M since it's Monthly. Also Rachel said it would work because it's for my Mom too so it fits for a few reasons. I'm using a stopwatch now also because Rachel helped me learn how to keep track of my time spent stitching. I didn't have a problem at all feeling like it was just a normal thing to hit the button when I put my stitching down. I thought it would be depressing to see the time length I spend. I thought I would feel like it shows how lazy I am to everyone. Well I noticed I end up getting up to do things here and there. Laundry in the washer. Laundry in the dryer. Stop fold. Start new load. Make lunch. Put out water for birds. Make dinner. So I don't stitch the straight day from waking up to bedtime like I thought it would come across haha. So Monday I only put 1 hr 30 mins in. Tuesday I had a very nice day of 4 hrs 16 mins.

Wednesday Mom, Jeremiah, and I packed up early and headed down to the cabin for our long weekend. Wow what a time! Let's see we ended up having 20 people camping and several friends who dropped by for a visit too. Wow! Thursday we all jumped in the pond and floated around to cool down. It was hot and humid but having the pond to soak in sure helped. When it got dark we had some fireworks that turned out fantastic. Then Daryl (my godson's father) got us an outdoor projector for our own outdoor movie theater. So we set it all up and watched Aquaman together. It was like our own personal movie theater. How awesome!!! Here is a picture of it before it got too dark...
We could hang the screen right from our deck. How fantastic. Now we have the stuff to do this any time we want too. We watched a movie 3 of the nights together. Mom headed home Saturday and just couldn't stop saying how much fun she had while there. My step mom's family had to attend a funeral so we had a slower day. I ended up hiding in the cabin with my boys (Jeremiah and my godson Damein) while they played Playstation together...
The AC sure felt good. So I pulled out my stitching for an hour and worked on Free to Be Me in honor of our 4th of July holiday we were celebrating...
I noticed my eyes were getting very heavy so I took a little nap. The boys were giggling when I woke up I guess I started snoring haha. How nice to have a place to take a quick nap and cool down. I was in charge of dinner with the help of my hubby. He cooked pork chops and brats on the open fire pit. I made baked beans and put together a salad bar. I normally only feed a few people so it really made me feel good to feed everyone there. Bev's family even all got back and we had enough to feed all them too. I was really happy. I did up all my dishes and just kept smiling. The compliments were plenty of how delicious the meal was. We work together most the meals so this was a big accomplishment to pull off on my own.

We got home last night. I'm tired from all the sweating but WOW what memories we made together. My dad was so happy. His idea of a campground sure worked. Just amazing. Can't say it enough how much we just love it there. It's actually hard to leave. Especially when surrounded by friends and family.

Now it's a new week. Time to get some things done. Groceries. Laundry. Sweeping. Lots to do. But don't worry I'll squeeze in time for X's too. Hope you can as well. Have a great week! I love seeing how many blogs I read have joined in the #24hour monthly challenges too. I'm enjoying it and I sure hope you all do too.

7 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate I have been commenting using my phone and have just discovered that for some reason it doesn't work,I am still travelling for a bit yet,so will comment when I have Internet.
Lovely post my friend,I always love seeing your lovely work,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Rachel said...

Another week that's made me exhausted just from reading about it! Glad you all had a really good long weekend.
I'm pleased the stopwatch is working for you; your're right, sometimes it is surprising how much or little stitching gets done between all the chores.
Looking forward to seeing your mom's piece finished before she nabs it for her room! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous weekend. I just love the giant screen so you can have your own open air cinema!

Cathy said...

You had a really busy week, but I'm glad you found time to stitch and that the stopwatch is working for you. I have a problem with a stop watch or timer--I do more than just stitch during that time--taking drinks, working the TV remote, etc. I know it's not much, but it adds up so I know my time isn't accurate. Do you stop the timer when you get up to do something even if you're only going to be gone a minute or two?

Julie said...

What fun to watch on your very own big screen.
Super design, deckchair, sunshine and the waves ... perfect.

Faith... said...

Sounds like an fun filled weekend packed with friends and family. Those are the best weekends of all. Love the movie setup! Very clever idea so you can enjoy the outdoors while watching movies instead of being cooped up in the house. Hope you have many more fun weekends like this coming up for you guys!

Astrids dragon said...

Ha, as I'm reading this it's already August! I'm just a little behind.
That's an awesome movie theater, another fabulous weekend for you all.
And you tell those boys there's nothing wrong with taking a nap, it's good for you!
Your Free to Be Me is looking good.