Aug 27, 2019

August WIPocalypse

The last Sunday (or soon as you can after haha) of each month we have a fun reason to blog. It's time for a WIPocalypse update. The idea of this fun blog SAL is to stitch all of our WIPs before the end of the world. I think since I will never possibly complete all mine (mostly because I keep starting new ones haha) I am helping with holding off the world ending. I know I'm just sweet like that. Stop over to Measi's blog to see who has checked in and what they have been working on. For this SAL I like to keep track of what I've worked on and how many days I've spent on each project. So let's look back and see what I've worked on since my last post...

Nautical Year -- 4 Days. Started and Finished the August design...
Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamps -- 6 Days. Started and Finished the August design. Finally have time to share this one with everyone too...
 Salt Water Taffy -- 1 Day Here it was before...
After a good 3 hour 2 minute day of stitching...
I also got a day into working on Love 2 Stitch by Hinzeit but I left it at the cabin and forgot to take a photo.

This has been a bad stitching month with 16 days of no stitching but lots of fun has been going on so that's okay. Winter will be here before we know it considering it's already August!!!

Measi also gives us questions to answer if we want to Question of the Month: What do you have on your stitching bucket list?  (for example, specific projects, designers, fibers, etc) Honestly nothing that I haven't tried. I just want to continue loving how much I enjoy the hobby. I know I really wanted to do silk gauze and I've done that now. I love that now. So I can't think of anything else to add to my stitching bucket list. Unless actually finishing projects is one haha. I even have not one but two finished HAEDs on my wall. That's definitely something I wanted to achieve in my life. So I guess just finishing the things I want to finish in my future is all really. Like the Beer Dragon. I can't wait to have him framed on my wall. Just need to actually make progress on him haha. I need to find that extra time we all seek for.

Hope everyone has lots of stitching time in September. We'll see. The weather is going to cool down so some big projects will probably happen at the campground. We had to put them off because of the heat during the summer months. No reason to sweat to death when the project can wait. I don't want to just sit in a chair and stitch when I could be helping. 

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Not a bad WIPocalypse considering everything else going on in your life this month. Looks like you're nearly ready to move to the right hand side of Saltwater Taffy. :)

Meari said...

I always say some stitching is better than none. You get a lot more X's in than I do. Your little pillows are adorable!

Cathy said...

You did a lot more stitching in August than I did and you kept up with your monthly projects. I guess your turbo needle needed a rest this month!

Astrids dragon said...

I love those sunflowers, so cute. Taffy is coming along nicely too.
I still need to start my silk gauze and finish my HAEDs, so good for you getting yours finished! I can't wait to see your Beer Dragon come to life.
Stitch when you can, it'll be a nice relaxer after working at the campground.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great update and good work on keeping the end of the world at bay.

I am most impressed by two completed HAEDs as I did not realise that was possible LOL. All I ever see is top left corner starts!