Sep 3, 2019

Tuesday Update Labor Day Fun

Well I know it's not Monday but it sure feels like it. Fred took Jeremiah and I down to the cabin Wednesday after he got off work but then he had to come home since he had work Thursday and Friday. It was the first night for just the two of us to be there alone. We watched a movie together and enjoyed our time. Thursday Dad and Bev came over to visit with us and we went to visit my Grandpa. He's been having a lot of health issues so hasn't been around at the campground since beginning of June. It was nice to see him but sad. He's sure showing his age. When we got back to the campground we had a little lunch and then Dad and Bev had some things to do. So Jeremiah and I went to our cabin to watch a movie together again. So that meant I got some stitching time. I worked on Hinzeit's Love 2 Stitch. I started this one during the Longest Day Marathon. I did the outline during the marathon. I had worked on a few other times while down at the cabin. I was able to finish it up Thursday though other than the charm...
I will get that added and it will officially be marked off my list. Dad, Bev, us and another close family friend had a delicious meal of steaks on the fire Thursday night. Friday everyone else started to arrive. Fred was finally able to get off work and join us. Daryl and Damein showed up. It felt great to see them both again. Saturday two other close friends shocked us by showing up. Dad was so happy to see his campground sure getting a lot of use. Let's see we had 3 tents, 5 campers, added to our normal cabins and Dad's room. So that made a total of 30 people who camped out. There were other visitors throughout the time too. It was a lot of fun and lots of memories made.

Sunday night Daryl, Damein, Fred, Jeremiah, and I played another round of Dungeons and Dragons. Here is our table full...
Damein had brought these new plastic boards and he could write up maps for us to really see where we needed to go. It was a fun touch and we enjoyed our time a lot. We ended up staying up till 2 am haha.

Now it's time to try to be normal again. Back home last night. 4 sleepies till we go back for the weekend. This coming weekend should be a lot more calm with a lot less people haha.

I will be back with a few other posts. I want to update everyone on my #24HoursofCrossStitch challenges.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

It sounds like you had a really good time. It's nice that you have a place where everyone can get together and camp. Do you have a picture of the overall area?

Congratulations on actually getting some stitching done, too!

Rachel said...

What a great time! My hubby and children used to play quite a bit of D&D but not with boards and certainly not staying up until 2am! You haven't mentioned how you're getting on on the games - beginner's luck or are you being beaten to a pulp?? :)

Astrids dragon said...

The perfect stitch for you! What's the charm?
If only you weren't so far away, I'd drop by too! I'm so glad you are all enjoying yourselves there. Do you think your Grandpa be able to come back soon?
Do you remember what "normal" is?!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on Love 2 Stitch.
It does sound like everyone loves to visit the campground with your family!