Sep 3, 2019

#24HOCS August Challenges

Well August I failed 2 of the 3 challenges but like I said that's okay. I sure had a ton of fun. Let's look back on what I attempted...

The acrostic for the month was XSTITCH DAY:

 ✅ X -- Nautical Year August from Sand, Sea and Cross Stitch
Goal: Finish
Connection: I seen this set on Instagram stitched by @Xstitch23
That's why I purchased them.
Goal Met!
Actual Time to Finish: 7 Hrs 55 Mins
👎 S --  Beer Dragon by Paine Free Crafts
Artwork by Stanley Morrison
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: Artist has S in his name.
No Progress
 
Almost T -- Salt Water Taffy by Joan Elliot
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: T in Title
Actual Time: 3 Hrs 2 Mins
 ✅ I -- Love 2 Stitch by Hinzeit
Goal: Finish
Connection: I love 2 stitch!
Goal Met!
Actual Time to Finish: 5 Hrs 36 Mins
👎  T -- Wish Upon a Starfish by Designs by Lisa
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: Starfish can be found in Tide pools along the Ocean.
No Progress
 
👎 C -- Cabin Fever Mill Hill
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: The C in the Title
No Progress
 
👎 H -- Halloween Mini
Start the next monster face the 3rd one down on the left
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: H in the Title
Actual: Little Over an Hour
 
👎  D -- Dragon Eye by Eva's Design
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: D in Title
No Progress

👎   A --Adjust your Sails
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: A in Title
No Progress
 
 ✅ Y -- August Lizzie Kate Flip-It Stamp
Goal: Finish
Connection: Year Long Set
Goal Met!
Actual Time: 11 Hrs 22 Mins

 The Monthly Challenge Calendar I only met 5 of the 12 required Days...
 
7th National Lighthouse Day -- Salt Water Taffy (Lighthouse on pattern)
9th World Cross Stitch Day -- Love2Stitch (Has to do with stitching)
17th National Honeybee Awareness Day -- Lizzie Kate August Flip-It Stamp (Bee on piece)
23rd Ride the Wind Day -- Nautical Year August Piece (Sailboat on piece)
30th Frankenstein Day -- Halloween Mini (Frankenstein one of monsters)

Last Challenge was an empty calendar with the goal of stitching 24 total hours and that goal was met. I stitched a total of 30 Hours and 59 Minutes.
 
Next post....September Challenges.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

It doesn't matter that you weren't to meet a lot of your tasks; you still achieved a lot, considering. The thumbs down icons are a nice touch, although hopefully we won't see too many more of them!
Interestingly, I had a look back at how long it took me to finish my August LK Stamp it was 11h 10m. Guess we stitch at about the same speed then! :)

Cathy said...

Nice progress even if you didn't meet all your goals. You had such a busy month, I'm surprised that you managed to accomplish as much as you did.

Astrids dragon said...

Now I see the charm, it looks great added! You might not have met your goals, but you did finish a couple and made progress, so that's something! The end of summer with time at the campground with friends and family... priceless.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a coincidence, that is the exact same charm I added to My Lovely Sewing Tools this week!

You did pretty well with the challenges this month and a fresh start in September.