Sep 23, 2019

Monday Update

Well my IHSW was a bust. I got time Friday during the day but no time at all over the weekend. Oh well. Like I've said many times....those memories are priceless. Last week I got 3 more marks off my September acrostic. Now I just have 4 left to mark off to call it finished. 1 I'm hoping to do tonight. 3 are packed up and ready to go. Go where? Wait I have other stuff to talk about first.

First let's look back on my week last week. Monday was busy busy so no stitching. Tuesday I pulled out Adjust your Sails again. Remember it?
Here is where I was on it...
Here is what I added...
I love the way the waves look.

Wednesday I pulled out Wish Upon a Starfish again...
In July I almost had the sea star finished. So I worked on finishing him up and then added some more beach under him...
Thursday and Friday I worked on Beer Dragon again finally. I missed him!!!
After looking it up I realized I hadn't worked on this one since February! That's horrible. I really need to get this one out more. Or it will never be hanging on the wall that's for sure. Here it is now...
I didn't quite finish the column. Just never enough time. Sure made visible progress though on it so I'm happy. Better than hiding since February right?

The other thing I need to announce is the winners for my giveaway that I posted last Monday update. I think everyone is busy with their own stitching. So only Jackie was interested in the Celtic Pumpkin. I have contacted her. Congrats Jackie! I'll host more giveaways later in the year.

So I hinted to it at the beginning of this post but now I can explain more. Mom, Jeremiah, and I are packed up and heading to the cabin tomorrow for the rest of the week. Mom is really excited to get away and relax. Fred, Jeremiah, and I took our dog Izzy over this last weekend and she had a lot of fun. So she is going to go down with us too. We have eating out plans, relaxing plans, and all the TV shows are back in the evening. So that should mean lots of stitching time too. Wohoo! So I packed up Cabin Fever, Dragon Eye, and Salt Water Taffy to take along. Progress on those would mark off the rest of my September acrostic list. So we'll see if that happens.

Hope everyone has a great week!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm enjoying watching your progress on Adjust Your Sails and the starfish one. I'm also glad you've gotten back to Beer Dragon.

Enjoy your time at the cabin. It sounds like you're planning to do a lot of relaxing this time.

Rachel said...

Oh well, the best laid plans and all that. It's a good job you're so laid back about life and your stitching otherwise you'd be a stressful wreck!
Wow - is it really that long since we last saw Beer Dragon?! Great progress on everything, considering. Hope you have a great time at your cabin again and are able to put in lots of x's. Perhaps these next few days can be your late IHSW. :)

Rhona said...

Sometimes stitching has to take a back seat....as you say, memories are priceless! Lovely to see what you're working on.

Carol said...

Really enjoying your nautical themed pieces, Katie--especially that large Adjust Your Sails! Nice progress even if you didn't have much time. Hope you are enjoying your cabin time with your mom and son :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Adjust Your Sails is looking wonderful, the waves are lovely.
Nice to see the little Beer Dragon out again.

Faith... said...

I love those waves in Adjust Your Sails too but that Starfish looks great! You did make good progress on the Beer Dragon too. The feathers look like they are full of confetti.

LOL I thought I was the only one excited to have my evening TV shows back! Life can go on normally once again. I don't know what I would ever do without TV!