Sep 30, 2019

September Smalls SAL

Prepare for a bunch of updates again. Lots to report on again.

On the last Friday of every month (or the Monday following because you were so busy haha) we are to check in for Mary's Smalls SAL. Stop over to her check in post to see who has posted and what beauties they have created this month.

I joined in this SAL a few years before Mary hosted it. I loved the idea of trying to work on some smaller pieces throughout the year. Then I had a perfect year long chart in my stash with little monthly designs for each month. I found this perfect shelf my Grandpa made and wanted to have an area setup for each month/season to display. So I made my goal to finish my first set. I now have 2 completely finished monthly sets because of this SAL.

This year I picked 2 sets. A nautical set for my mom. Also I picked Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamps for my shelf.

So far this year I've kept up with finishing them each month. Luckily I continued and finished up the September pieces...
That's my only finishes this month. I'm excited to stitch the last 3 months and have picked out next year's set already. I will make you suffer though and I'll share that with you later. I'm really excited to have them added to my shelf next year.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Very cute finishes.

Rachel said...

You're right, this is the perfect SAL for stitching monthly designs although, surprisingly, not many people do.
I thought about a monthly set for next year but have so many other smalls fighting for their place in the top 12 spaces that I think I'll have to stitch them first! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the September pieces. I have been using the SAL to get some Christmas Ornaments made. I've done monthly series in past years.

Faith... said...

Great stitching and keeping up on your smalls.