Sep 30, 2019

September WIPocalypse

The last Sunday of the month (or again on Monday because you're busy haha) we are supposed to check in for WIPocalypse. Stop over to Measi's blog to see who else has checked in and what they've been up to. The idea of this fun blog SAL is to finish all our WIPs before the end of the world. I'm pretty sure the end will never come because I sure won't ever be finished with my WIPs. That's okay. I'm doing my part to continue time and push off that apocalypse a bit more.

For this SAL I like to check in with what I've worked on and for how many days in the time span. You can look at my last post in August if you would like even though I only had 3 projects I made progress on for that post.

Let's see if I did any better this month...

Love 2 Stitch -- 1 Day. I was able to finish this one up after just one more day of working on it. I just had the border done from the Longest Weekend SAL before...
Nautical Year September -- 5 Days. Started and Finished this one...
Halloween Mini -- 2 Days. Worked on this one 2 more days while visiting our cabin. Here he was before...


Here he is now. Slowly filling in the symbols.

Lizzie Kate September Flip It Stamp -- 6 Days. Started and Finished this one...
Seaside Sampler -- 1 Day. Added the right border to this one for the acrostic this month...
Adjust Your Sails -- 1 Day. Added some time to this one for the acrostic...
Wish Upon a Starfish -- 1 Day. Worked on this one for the acrostic...

Beer Dragon -- 2 Days. Last time I worked on this one was Feb 13th. About time I get him back out.
99 -- 1 Day. Picture will be posted on Monday Update

Cabin Fever -- 2 Days. Picture will be posted on Monday Update

Salt Water Taffy -- 1 Day. Picture will posted on Monday Update

Dragon Eye - 1 Day. Picture will posted on Monday Update

So 12 different projects had progress this month. I'm very happy with that. I've had 14 no stitching days. That's better than the 16 last time. Life is slowly starting to slow down a bit at least. Plus I'm trying really hard to work stitching into cabin time.

Measi also gives us cool questions to answer if we would like. Question of the Month: What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do? Wow so many different ones. I really want to try more creative pillow type finishes. Like the ones Hands on Design posts with the fabric on the bottom of the front so you can display them in a bowl. Also the ones Priscilla posts where she attaches the finished pieces to other things. I'm no where near a finishing expert so I want to continue doing better on all my finishing.

See you October 27th with the next update. Hope everyone had a lot of progress!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Great progress on everything but I especially love how the green blob is growing! I know you have a lot of WIPs but you'll have to ensure Beer Dragon is not neglected for so long again; Fred needs a project as well as your mom! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work in September. I'd love to see more of the Beer Dragon.

Faith... said...

WOW looks like you maybe back in the swing of things! You got in plenty of stitching during September.