Dec 12, 2019

Sorting Stash

It's a good day to have OCD haha. I'm sorting my stash. I want to reorganize my tubs to get prepared for 2020 plans. I love this time of year. All the new plans. All the ideas. My brain literally explodes with ideas and thoughts and want to and have to okay well need to figure out. I have decided I want to stitch EVERYTHING and that is driving me a bit crazy. I feel so motivated and need to work on it all at the same time please.

So let's explain the photo contents: The fabric tote on the right side of the picture holds my WIPs all organized in envelopes I got from a catalog. Nice see thru so I can see exactly what's inside. The cardboard sticking out separates things that I have on my monthly acrostic from the rest of my screaming for attention WIPs. The blue tub contains more quiet WIPs that can wait but are available if I want to work on them. The box in the front has the Mill Hill Kits since they are in ziplocks and harder to put in my totes. The tub on the left front is new. It's the OH MY I forgot these patterns were in my stash so please remember to do them sometime in the next 100 years. Lots of Erica Michaels, Mill Hills, Silver Creek Samplers, Hands on Designs, and other in there. I also have another fabric tote like on the right with stash that can be stitched if I live to 250 haha. So it's not in the picture. It can wait haha. I do have a small pile on my printer of things I really want to start in the next year probably though we'll see maybe not haha. 4 little Mill Hills will probably definitely be added to my list. They are sitting there haunting my brain haha.

I know one thing I'm taking out of WIP status is all my HAEDs. I love them I do but Beer Dragon is more important than any of them. If I were to finish Beer Dragon I would purchase the other 2 dragons I really want to do and stitch them. So my HAEDs have been put to sleep for now. So that cleared quite a few spots in my WIP list. 

I have a small stack of will be added to my list no matter what. Guaranteed new starts. My year long monthly set. A Boba Fett for Jeremiah finally. A Seasonal Set of 4 that I will share for Gifted Gorgeousness that a friend sent me. A Thanksgiving piece another friend sent me that will also be shared on the GG post. Plus the Stitcher's Code 6 part SAL that I shared a bit ago that Durene Jones is the designer for.

I can't make an official list until Santa shows up....FINALLY...I mean hurry up dude! Just in case he happens to bring me stuff I can't live without starting too. He's good at that normally.

I seen some things the last few days that I must share with you all...

Tiny Modernist is doing a Biscornu of the month again for 2020...
Link Here
The theme is going to be a different animal each month. I'm so in love with these. I have to admit I love the elephant and can't wait to see what's next. It would be cheaper to join in now than to wait and get them separate. By a lot. But.....do I really need them?

Then I seen this announcement on the Stitchonomy Facebook group...
Link Here
Stitchonomy is going to host A Year of SALs. 1 Year. 6 Free SALs. Just like the Snowflake SAL I'm enjoying so much! I can't wait to see what the themes are. You don't have to join in each one but there is prizes if you complete them all I see. I put a button on my side bar too for those interested.

Okay I have DMC to sort. Emptying out my plastic thread organizers for my HAEDs will really add a ton of DMC to my normal pick from to start new projects stash. 

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Congratulations on getting everything organized. I see lots of stitching in your future! BTW, I need to do the same thing.

Beth in IL said...

Great job organizing. Too bad you don't live closer and can't help me....

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one already going through stash right now and planning ahead to 2020. I am also waiting to see what Santa might deliver before I finalize anything though. Have fun organizing! --Andrea

Ariadne said...

Can you please explain something. Do I have to buy the supplies in order to get the pattern? Or I can sign up get the pattern and use my own supplies? I am talking about Stitchonomy. AriadnefromGreece!

Faith... said...

Good luck at the sorting and organizing! It is an exciting time of the year getting everything all ready for the next year. Now to just make the final selections!

Rachel said...

Ah, so the sorting continues!
You're definitely braver than me in showing all (most) of your WIPs and stash! Mine is similarly arranged; I just think there's more of it!
Have fun returning your HAED DMCs to the general box and working out what you DON'T want to stitch on next year. Can't wait to see what Santa brings you! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the planning stage too! Everything is possible at the beginning of the year! Looking forward to seeing your final list. I am glad that you've included something for GG!

Bethan said...

Have a good sort out! I think I need to do the same when I get home after the holidays! x

Astrids dragon said...

Good for you for getting everything out and sorted! You definitely have enough to keep you stitching all year. I'm interested in seeing what the SALs will be with Stitchonomy. If they're like the snowflakes, perfect!