Jan 31, 2020

#24HOCS January Challenges Update

I realize I just posted my update photos for the WIPocalypse pretty much so I'm going to shorten my #24HOCS updates to just basically include the information for January. If you want to see progress photos please go back just a few posts. If you enjoy reading my ramblings please continue.


1st Challenge is to stitch 24 hours throughout the month. Hahaha I had such a lazy January! I stitched a total of 90 hours and 13 minutes already not counting any stitching today. I did take Monday the 27th off because honestly I was tired after my marathon weekend. Wow! What a lazy month. Love it!!!

2nd Challenge is the acrostic (My favorite!)

✅ R - Houseplant SAL
Connection: Get it Ready 
Goal: Finish Getting Ready
Goal Met: Finished

 ✅ E - Salt Water Taffy
Connection: Joan Elliott
Goal: 4 Hours
Actual: 2 Hours 55 Minutes
Under on this one but happy with progress along with everything else.
Yesterday I worked on this one and finished up the left side of the chart. 
Since I haven't shared that photo here ya go...
✅ A - Stitcher's Code SAL
Connection: A Part of the SAL 
Goal: Finish One Part
Goal Met: Finished Part 4

 ✅ D - Beer Dragon
Connection: D in Dragon
Goal: At least 200 Stitches
Goal Met: Actually 800 Stitches

 ✅ Y - 99 Bottles
Connection: Yeast 
Goal: 4 Bottles
Goal Met: 4 Bottles Added

 ✅ S - Winter Time
Connection: Seasonal
Goal Met: 4 Hours 
Actual: 5 Hours 38 Minutes

 ✅ E - Merry Noel
Connection: Easy 
Goal: Finish
Goal Met: Finished

 ✅ T - Camping Out MH
Connection: Section with Tent
Goal: Finish Section at least 
Goal Met: Just Finished this section yesterday as well.
Here is a photo of the tent section...
**Today's Project** X - Wish Upon a Starfish
Connection: Just plain X's
Goal: 4 Hours 
Probably won't get full 4 hours but again with
everything else I will be happy with any progress.

 ✅ S - Boba Fett
Connection: Star Wars 
Goal: 4 Hours
Goal Met: Actual Time 6 Hours 16 Minutes

 ✅ ! - Jan Fairy
Connection: Excited to Start! 
Goal: Finish
Goal Met: Finished

3rd Challenge is a fun Holiday Calendar. Jenn gives us a fun calendar with fun/weird holidays listed on each day. You are supposed to pick 12 of them and plug in your stitching with the theme. The fun part of these are the stretch to make your stitching fit the theme. Anything goes pretty much just have fun explaining why you believe it works. So here are my 12 Holidays...

I used my acrostic projects because I totally forgot about adding in about my marathon pieces till just now. Haha I bet I could get all the holidays with all those 12 pieces added haha. Anyway let's see my craziness haha...

1st -- Commitment Day -- 99 Bottles (2 Bottles)-- I made a commitment to finish this project this year.

2nd -- World Introvert Day -- Merry Noel -- I stayed inside away from others in the world to work on this one. 

5th -- National Bird Day -- Salt Water Taffy -- There are some shore birds on this project.

6th -- Cuddle Up Day -- Winter Time -- During the winter I love to cuddle up under blankets and relax with my stitching.

10th -- Peculiar People Day -- 99 Bottles (2 Bottles) --  When you go out to bars and drink beer you will meet some peculiar people.

11th -- Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day -- Wish Upon a Stafish -- If you step in a puddle on the beach you should watch out for a little starfish. Don't want to squish him.

13th -- Make Your Dream Come True Day -- Boba Fett -- Disney now owns Star Wars. Disney makes dreams come true every time we go there.

14th -- Organize Your Home Day -- Stitcher's Code -- I have a scissor holder to keep my scissors organized and safe from being used on anything else.

16th -- National Nothing Day -- Beer Dragon -- Wouldn't most people just like to do nothing except drink beer for a day? Boy my husband would!

22nd -- Library Shelfie Day -- Homely Houseplants -- I had to google this one. Then I literally laughed out loud. It's take a photo of your shelves day pretty much. How perfect I had stitched shelves my the upcoming plants SAL. 

28th -- Fun at Work Day -- Camping Out -- We go to our family campground for our camping now mostly and yes we do work there like cutting down trees and what not but boy we have fun while we work.

31st -- National Inspire Your Heart with Art Day -- January Fairy -- I love doing cross stitching. It's my art and it definitely inspires my heart.  

What do you think? I'm happy with all my progress. Now my next post will show my February plans.

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Awesome work! This really is the perfect challenge for you and your varied projects.

Cathy said...

Definitely some stretches and creativity this month! I always like to see how you manage to fit them all in.

Julie said...

You did well fitting everything into the categories, you are a star!!

Tiffstitch said...

Well done meeting so many goals and good luck for February as well!

Faith... said...

Great connections to finish up your acrostic for the month.

Astrids dragon said...

Look you you, busy bee! You accomplished so much this month in this challenge!

Rachel said...

Another comment where I write congratulations on your achievements for the month! Goodness though, 90 hours??? No wonder you have achieved a lot! I'm assuming you'll come back down to earth with a bit of a bump in February, but what a month to look back on with immense pride and satisfaction.
I love all of your acrostic and holiday connections, especially regarding Peculiar People and Fred drinking all day! Looking forward to your February stitching now! :)