Jan 23, 2020

#24HOCS January Marathon

This weekend is the first #24Hours of Cross Stitch Marathon of 2020 and the first one I've been able to participate in finally. I'm going to join in but I have come down with a bit of a bug so who knows how much I'll actually get done. She started this awhile ago with a 24 hour straight marathon. Since some people just can't stitch that long in a row she has now made it Friday through Sunday. The goal to stitch as much as you can in that span. I heard on her latest floss tube she is even going to have a few giveaways this time for if you participate for any length of time.

I wanted to come up with a fun plan for the marathon. I had Jeremiah and Mom pick 6 numbers each to come up with a list of 12 WIPs from my WIP list on my Goals and SALs tab above. I'm going to go down the list they picked and work on each project for 2 hours according to my stop watch. I might not get to them all but boy I'll sure try. I didn't let them pick a number for a new start or for a WIP I've already worked on this month. What they came up with was some really great older pieces. So let's see the list. I will show before and after pictures Monday with my wrap up post.

1) #20 Elegant Squid - Ink Circles
I haven't worked on since 2016.
2) #50 On Beach Time - Hands on Design
I haven't worked on since the Longest Day Marathon 2017.
3) #72 Wave Dancer - Dinky Dyes
I haven't worked on since 2015.
4) #9 Best Friend Santa - Mill Hill Jim Shore Kit
I haven't worked on since the Longest Day Marathon 2017.
5) #22 Evergreen Snowman - Mill Hill Jim Shore Kit
I haven't worked on since the another Longest Day Weekend Marathon 2019.
 6) #12 Christmas Banner - Stoney Creek
Wow I haven't worked on since 2014.
7) #55 Rules for Life - Kincavel Krosses Freebie
Even more Wow here. Haven't worked on since 2012. Before I even tagged my photos on my blog.
8) #1 4 Seasons - Erica Michaels
I worked on this one last July.
9) #41 Let's Get Spooky - Ursula Michael
I wanted to work on for October 2019 but didn't get a chance. So last time was for the January Challenge when I started it in 2016.
10) #27 Free to Be Me - Val's Stuff
I've worked on a few weekends at the cabin. July last year was the latest time.
11) #26 Flock Together - Hands on Designs
I haven't worked on since 2017.
12) #29 Grab Life - Hands on Design
I haven't worked on since the Longest Day SAL 2017.
I love how 3 of the Hands on Design set has been randomly picked. I swear they were randomly picked too. 8 numbers were picked that had to be skipped. 3 were WIPs I have worked on this month already. 5 were going to be new starts. How fun. So wonder how many I will actually be able to hit the 2 hours on. Luckily we don't have any plans and I've changed the menu around to be no cooking for me. We are going to binge watch The Mandalorian finally on Disney Plus. Sunday we also have a big WWE Pay Per View to watch. So should have lots of stitching time as long as this bug leaves me alone.

Grab your stitching and join in. See ya Monday with how I did.

9 comments:

jhm said...

Sounds like fun. Maybe I'll attempt this one as well. Technically nothing is on the calendar (yet).

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic choices! Can't wait to see how well you get on with them over the weekend.
If it wasn't for my son I would definitely be up for the full 24 hours with no sleep. But if I don't go to bed, he won't either!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

ps there will be another Longest Day Marathon this year! So hopefully some more projects will get some love then.

Suzanne H said...

What wonderful things you have in your project basket.

Julie said...

Good luck with your marathon. Hope the bug doesn't stop the stitching and you are soon feeling much better.

Cathy said...

Good luck with your marathon and I hope the bug doesn't get you down. There are several pieces there that I've never seen on your blog before and am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Faith... said...

What a great list they picked! Looks like your weekend is all cut out for you. Look forward to seeing your progress and I hope you feel better.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, you have plenty of WIPS to choose from!

Rachel said...

I'm playing catch-up so how fantastic that you were able to join in a 24 hour stitching marathon! It'll be interesting to read how you felt about stitching on some of the older WIPs and/or WIPs you have only worked on for one or two days; whether your love for them was rekindled or whether you would be happy to never stitch on any of them again. Let's read your next post... :)