Jan 20, 2020

Monday Update

Lots to talk about so let's go. First let's see what I worked on last week. After my little Stitcher's Code finish in my last post I got to work on the Homely Houseplants SAL prep. She gave us a pattern that we could start with ahead of time. This way we would be ready to add the plants when they get released. February 1st we get the first of 12 plants. They are released every 2 days. So here is my fabric all ready to go now...
The fabric is a piece of 28ct Cornflower Blue Hand dyed piece I had in my stash. I used DMC 400 for the mahogany wood look. I can't wait to get the first plant now! Plus just really glad to have all that COUNTING out of the way. This took me a lot longer than I thought it would. 5 hours and 17 minutes. The finished piece will be 8.5 x 11 inches. I think it will make a really neat larger pillow. Need to find a fun plant fabric for the back.

After getting that done I pulled out Beer Dragon. Remember this cutie...
 Here it was last time...
Friday I got 200 stitches in. Saturday I got 200 more. Sunday we were busier than I thought we would be so I only got a few odd and end stitches in. I'm working on filling in the final 400 stitches to complete the column. Here is where I am now...
So before putting it away I will finish those last 400 stitches. Just harder to count those spread out stitches so I don't worry about it.

Saturday we went to a local hockey game. Fred's company has their company Christmas party. Since everyone is busy around Christmas they wait and have it end of January. We had a buffet dinner and watched the game. It was fun but we stayed out late and I swear I'm still tired from it. Sunday we went down to our cabin to meet up with Dad and Bev. We wanted to book our April trip to Las Vegas again. I'm actually going to go in a plane. I know *gasp*. So since they fly all the time they helped us with getting it all setup. What a pain. But we have our tickets. Jeremiah is looking forward to his first flight. The last time I flew was 2001. So been a long time. But the thought of being TONS cheaper than the train and being there in 4 hours instead of 3 days was worth it. After getting our tickets we ate out together and then we headed home. It was a long day but it was fun to see our cabin again. We missed it.

So that last thing I have on my January acrostic is 4 hours on the Boba Fett piece for Jeremiah. Since I still have 12 days left I picked the last 3 letters I had blank. E, T, and X.

E is Salt Water Taffy because it's designing by Joan Elliott. I want to have at least 4 hours on it.

T is Camping Out Mill Hill Kit. The first section I am going to do is the tent section. I'll at least finish the tent section.

X is Wish Upon a Starfish because it's all just X's in this design. I want to have at least 4 hours on it.

So 4 more things to mark off to complete the whole January acrostic.

Have a great week! Here's hoping for a lot of stitching time.

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on getting the prep work done for the Houseplants SAL. I'm not planning to stitch this one until I see the design. Maybe in the Summer Holiday!

Beer Dragon is so cute, lovely colours.

Julie said...

Great start on the houseplant SAL.
A trip to look forward to, it'll be here before you know it, January is whizzing by.

Carol said...

Your Beer Dragon is growing nicely, Katie! And how exciting to be going to Las Vegas on a plane. I know your son will love it :) I'm not great at flying, but it sure beats driving those long distances!

Cathy said...

I'm curious as to what the houseplant SAL will look like. Seeing the prep work makes me even more so. Beer Dragon is coming along nicely.

Rhona said...

Beer dragon is so cute!

LindaLee said...

Good morning and I hope this finds you doing real well and ready to sit down and do up a few stitches! You certainly do stay busy with your beautiful stitching. Love how bright the Beer Dragon is! Have a blessed weekend.

Bethan said...

Great work getting your prep work done, especially with all the counting and minimal landmarks to help you! Seems a clever idea to have the Christmas party after Christmas - makes January a little more fun! x

Faith... said...

Those feathers look amazing! Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm getting the patterns, but haven't yet decided if/when I'm going to start.
You know I love your Beer Dragon, I can't wait until he actually shows up!
What a great idea to celebrate in January, it gives you something to look forward to.
Big difference between 4 hours and 3 days, good for you!

Rachel said...

Great work on everything!
So, another trip to Vegas but by plane? You're definitely braver than me... give me the three day train trip any day! Hopefully, Jeremiah's excitement will help take your mind off it. :)