Jan 16, 2020

Finish and another new SAL

It's finished...
Part 4 of the Stitcher's Code SAL is finished and put together. 3rd finish of the year and 3rd finished finish of the year. Extra worth celebrating I think. Reminder this is the 4th part of the 6 part SAL from Stitchingly and Durene Jones. Go here to see more about this one. The other 5 parts will come up with the WIPGO picks so I'll finish them up when their number gets picked. After working on this one I am really looking forward to the rest. It was a fun fast easy stitch.

Next up I'm getting my fabric ready for the new Stitchonomy SAL coming February 1st Homely Houseplants. If you haven't signed up get busy the sign ups close January 23rd. Go here to sign up. Trust me when you see it you'll kick yourself for not signing up. It's free ya know. Go sign up now. I know for me this will finally be a houseplant I won't kill haha.

Remember the Witchy Stitchy Challenge I did in October? I had to stitch 1 hour a day for 13 days and if I posted before and after photos on the Facebook group I would qualify for a free needle minder. I received it and LOVE it...
Now that same group is doing a new SAL. Go here to find out more information and sign up. Basically you stitch a half hour a day on any piece in February. Post a before and after photo each day. I also see on the website you can do this via email. If you succeed you will receive a Love to Stitch needle minder. I think you have to pay shipping if you are located oversees. This time you can miss 4 days. But the 29th is a mandatory stitch day because of it being Leap Day. For the Halloween SAL I planned a fun Halloween Biscornu and worked on it only for that SAL. I'm planning a Valentine related piece for this one. I figure that's perfect for a February Love challenge don't you think?

This weekend is also IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). Of course things keep coming up but tomorrow should be a full stitching day at least. I'll stitch when I can Saturday and Sunday too. I need to get the fabric ready for the houseplants SAL and then I think Beer Dragon will come out for the rest of the weekend.

Have a great weekend! See ya Monday for an update.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on another enjoyable finish! Jeremiah didn't make the wrong choice then?!
But what's this... another SAL? Go for it, I know how you enjoyed the last one. :)

LindaLee said...

You are certainly one busy lady. I joined up with only one stitch along and that was with By The Bay Needleworks and about three years ago. I just couldn't keep up with it! I still have it in my wips and it sits with all the threads and the rest of the charts. Hope to get back to it one day.

Your stitching is always beautiful, and I do love the first piece here. Colors are perfect.

Julie said...

Great little pillow.
Good luck joining in the another SAL

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These quotes make great little pillows.
The needleminder is a nice prize but it would probably cost $20 to ship it here, postage is silly expensive now!

Melinda Forbes said...

Enjoyed reading about all your stitching finishes and your SALS. How do you keep track? Amazing! Going to take the time to organize.

Cathy said...

I love your little pillow finish! And you're joining more SALs. Have fun with them!

Carol said...

This is darling, Katie--and so true! I have to hide my good scissors so my husband doesn't use them on paper, etc :)

Hazel said...

Love your little finish! Nice design. x

Bethan said...

What a lovely needle minder. You do find and take part in a wide variety of SALs x

Faith... said...

Very cute finish Katie! Love the needle minder.

Thanks for the heads up for the new SAL; I went and signed up! Since you participated in one of their SALs before, can I ask you - are you suppose to create an album for your updates or just post to the main page? Thanks

Astrids dragon said...

Another fine finish and a good reminder!
That's a great needle minder, I'd say you certainly earned that one.