Feb 16, 2020

February Gifted Gorgeousness

The 15th of each month we have a wonderful reason to blog. Gifted Gorgeousness. The idea of this blog event is to post things we are stitching as a gift for someone or something we have received as a gift. The stitching community is amazing so it's always fun to read these posts.

Stop over to Jo's check in post to see what people have shared for this month.

Let's see what I've worked on since last month that qualifies.

Beer Dragon is for my husband. He loves beer. I was able to put 800 stitches in last month to make progress on this one for him. Here he is now...
He's slow but I just love working on him. Sure will look great on the wall some day many many years from now haha.

I'm doing a Boba Fett pattern for Jeremiah (my son). It's his favorite Star Wars character. Here is my progress right now...
I'm really hoping to make more progress before February slips away from me. We'll see.

Winter Time was a present from Janet from Janet's Jabber floss tube channel. We've been real life friends since our kiddos were tiny. Here is where I am on this one now...
99 Bottles from Ink Circles is another pattern for my husband. I have a goal of finishing it this year. So I made a goal of 4 bottles a month to make that happen. I was able to get this month's 4 bottles added...
Another piece that seems to go slow.

Of course it feels like all pieces are going slow right now. Especially the Homely Houseplants SAL. But I'm caught up so tomorrow I will be working on Beer Dragon all day. I can't wait. Well I will get my half hour in to the Heart Freebie first. I will be back Monday for a weekly update post.

9 comments:

Elfie said...

You have such varied projects - and all lovely in their own way. It looks like you are more than half finished the bottle sampler. It's looking great.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Great work on all your projects. I am torn between the Dragon and Winter.

Cathy said...

Your projects may seem to be going slow, but you're definitely making progress which means they'll be done eventually and that's the goal!

DJ said...

Such lovely projects you are working on! I'm enjoying watching the Beer Dragon come to life, and all those little bottles of beer on the wall. Such fun stitching! My stitching seems to be going slow too...I wonder why? Maybe we'll speed up once the warm weather hits? Still it seems you are making great progress!

Carol said...

I am truly amazed at that Beer Dragon piece you've got going, Katie--wow! And your bottles will come to an end soon if you continue to do 4 bottle a month--good luck :)

Astrids dragon said...

All of your stitching pieces fits my family, I love them!

Julie said...

Great post for this months GG

Faith... said...

Everything looks great but I do have to admit that I had no idea what or who Boba Fett was! Beer Dragon is looking good.

Rachel said...

Lovely gifts, I do hope Fred will receive his 99 bottles this year and Jeremiah his Boba Fett. Will you be stitching any more of those Star Wars characters or is this the only one Jeremiah would like? Nothing GG for your Mom though? Well, I guess she had more than her fair share last year! :)