Feb 10, 2020

Monday Update

Don't worry I'm still stitching like a mad woman. Let's see what I've been working on...

Heart Freebie I've worked on every day for a half hour a day for the Embroidery.com #Lovetostitch Challenge. If I keep at it and post everyday (with 4 allowed miss days) I will get a free needle minder. I participated in the WitchyStitchy challenge during Halloween and the needle minder was very well made and definitely worth participating. I've been stitching this adorable heart freebie that I seen a picture during last year's Valentine Blog Hop...
You can go here to get the freebie if interested. I'm doing mine in 4 different purples on this beautiful random piece of purple 28ct evenweave I had in my stash. Here is the most recent picture after day 9 on it...
If you would like to see my daily progress check out my Instagram here.

I've also been doing good keeping up with the Homely Houseplants SAL. Worked on it 4 days last week. We have 5 plants now. I have 4 finished...
Plant 1 was the huge one it's a monstera plant. 2 is the small cactus sharing a table with the monstera plant. It's a columnar cactus. The one in the 3 legged display is a sanseviera plant also known as snakes tongue. The little tiny cactus on the first shelf is a globular cactus. I love the way this one is turning out so far. It's time consuming but I'm enjoying them. I didn't do yesterday's yet I wanted to work on something else for the day. I will start it today after my half hour on the heart.
As you seen in my FFG post I finished up the Feb fairy Wednesday. The other piece I worked on last week was 99 Bottles over the weekend. I have the 4 bottles added for this month. Remember in order to meet my goal of finishing this year I want to add 4 bottles a month. I had 48 left to stitch this year. Now I have 40 left. Here is the new 4 bottles on the 6th shelf...
Sunday we had a meet up to stitch at the hospital cafeteria right near me. Yes it seems funny to gather at a hospital but the cafeteria is huge and makes a fantastic meeting spot. We had 8 total this time. 3 new ladies. 2 came from 2 hours away to attend! It was a horrible snowy day too so how nice to meet them. Glad we were able to still get out and see each other. We sure had a lot of fun.

Over the weekend we binge watched Locke and Key on Netflix. We really liked it. It's a mix of Series of Unfortunate Events and Harry Potter. Magic. Mystery. Kind of spooky but not too bad in my opinion. We did watch a very nice scary movie called Eli. I loved it! Lots of twists and turns and I sure didn't predict the ending. The last one we ended up binge watching too was The Stranger. Definitely a mystery with lots of twists and turns. I enjoyed it overall though the ending really wrapped it all up and finally answered the questions so that's always nice.

Jeremiah has been having gaming marathons on the weekends with 3 friends. My godson, his dad, and brother. The boys got their dad an Xbox for Christmas. They are playing the same game together and talking via Xbox Live. Jeremiah has been having a blast. It's great to hear him laughing so much. So it makes late nights and extra TV watching time haha. Which is okay because I seem to get a lot of stitching time along with that haha.

Have a great week. I'll be working on the Heart Freebie, Homely Houseplants, and then working on getting my WIPGO goals met. Both numbers called this month were for 200 stitches on Beer Dragon. So I'll shoot for at least a minimum of those 400 stitches to call that one complete for the month. It's also on my monthly acrostic so that works.

11 comments:

DJ said...

I'm falling in love with your heart that you are working on. Purple is my favorite color!! Good for you for keeping up with your SALs, I hope you win the needle minder!! I'm loving the plants...but I'm over my head with my SALs that I'm working on right now to participate in another one! So glad your son is having a good time gaming with your relatives. I love hearing kids laugh!! Thanks for the critique on the netflix shows, I have been wondering what Locke and Key was about...

Cathy said...

Some nice stitching this week! I love the colors you chose for the heart and I really like the house plants.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your heart is looking great, I love your colour choice. Beer bottles are looking good.

Ariadne said...

Dear Katie, the first photo is mine. I had stitched the heart in blue for my sister-in-law when she fell sick with cancer. Unfortunately she died this January and it saddened me so much. I am glad you liked it and wanted to stitch it too. AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic work on all your goals. The heart looks as beautiful in purple as it did in blue.
The plants look fabulous, today's has just dropped and it's another big 'un.
Glad that Jeremiah is having online gaming fun too. We hear laughter from my son's room quite often!

Julie said...

The houseplants are superb, they look so real.
Well done on the 4 beers .... not drinking them though!
Liking the purple heart, sweet.

Rhona said...

Loving the Purple Hearts and the fabric is gorgeous. Great progress on 99 bottles.
I've just started watching Locke and Key and am intrigued by it........although its hard to stitch with that kind of series!

Bethan said...

Really lovely houseplants - does the SAL tell you what type of plant you are stitching or are you very knowledgeable about plants? x

Astrids dragon said...

More great progress and four more beers over the weekend, cheers!!!
How nice to meet up with stitching friends and meet new ones. I love my gatherings too!
Nathan and I have been watching Locke and Key, we really like it.

Faith... said...

I have been following your heart freebie on FB and it is turning out really cute. Your plants are looking great too. I think I will stitch that for me daughter who has tons of plants. Glad Jeremiah is having such a great time with the Xbox and his friends and it gives you a little extra me time.

Rachel said...

Great week! Glad some of the houseplants are a little smaller and you have been able to keep up with both SALs so far. :)