Feb 24, 2020

Monday Update

Let's see what I stitched on last week...

Still working on the Heart Freebie every day for 30 minutes for the Embroidery.com #LovetoStitch challenge. Here is where this piece is as of yesterday...
That's Day 23 on this one. I have the heart I'm on and the large middle heart left to stitch. I don't know if it will take me all the way through the end of the month or not. 6 more days. I bet I'll finish it. I'm not good at estimating how long it will move along in the 30 min spans. I do have a 2nd piece ready to finish off the required 30 mins a day on.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I worked on the Homely Houseplants. I finished up #9 and #10 plants...
#9 is the top right plant. It's a chinese money plant. She told us they are really popular in the Netherlands where they call it a pancake plant. #10 is on the top shelf on the left. It's a calathea omata plant. The last two have been released and they are in the open spot on the left. They are both hanging basket plants that would be hanging from the "ceiling" in this piece. I can't wait to get them finished up.

Tuesday I also worked on Winter Time by New York Dreamer. This completes the A acrostic for the month...
It was a busy weekend. Fred had the day off work Friday and we went down to our cabin. My dad's work had a retirement celebration for him so we were able to attend that. We went out to eat together with some family friends after the thing at his work. Then we went back to the cabin and settled in for a movie together. Jeremiah was so happy to be in our home away from home again.

Saturday we surprised my dad with a big family and friends party at my Grandparent's house. It was fun to see everyone and we really surprised him. Sunday we cut down a few trees and had a nice meal together before heading home. Jeremiah said it was a tease since he wants it to be time to go back down every weekend. It was still pretty chilly out so it will have to wait a bit more. We did stay very warm in our cabin with both heaters running. It was wonderful.

Now it's time for another short week with a lot to cram in. I want to finish up the last 2 plants. I would love to finish up my other acrostic pieces so that means making a little progress on Rules for Life, Boba Fett, Wish Upon a Starfish, and Camping Out. With the plants and the heart progress and life I might just have to squeeze them all into one day just to make a few stitches and call them done. The plants just stole too much time this month. I'm already dreaming about what I want to stitch in March. We'll see.

Have a great week! We are also leaving Friday for a fun mini vacation to celebrate my god-son's 18th birthday.

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous stitching. The heart is proof that even a small amount of daily stitching can see a nice finish.
I've really enjoyed watching the houseplant SAL. Are you going to do the French Knots for the final plant?
Glad that you all enjoyed your cabin time too.

Cathy said...

Lots of nice stitching again! I'm glad you have another project lined up for when you finish the heart, because you might need it!

Ann C. said...

The heart looks beautiful in shades of purple. Thanks for the link, I now have it on my to do list.

Vicky said...

You totally amaze me with how much you accomplish! I have the houseplants one in my to do pile :)

Julie said...

The houseplants are growing well.
Lovely progress on the hearts.
What a nice weekend with the family. Hope your dad enjoys his retirement.

Carol said...

You are really moving along on all of these projects, Katie! That Winter one is still my favorite, though :)

So glad you got to the cabin and I'm hoping that things will warm up soon and you can go every weekend! That is great that your dad has retired--I hope he enjoys it as much as I do!

Rachel said...

Another great week! It must have been lovely to feel the freedom of the cabin and open air again, even if it was cold! Like Jeremiah said, it's a tease for thing to come.
Good luck for finishing your SALs. I'm still impressed how you've (almost) managed to keep up with them, especially the plants. :)

DJ said...

Wow Lady!! Look at all the stitchy gorgeousness!! Everything is coming along so beautifully! Well done!!

Faith... said...

Winter Time is looking prettier every time I see it! You are doing a great job keeping up with everything.

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress, I'm loving Winter more and more.
I'm glad you had a great time at the cabin with family, making more memories!