Apr 1, 2020

#24HOCS April Goals

Well it's a new month. Time for some new goals. Fingers Crossed I can make more progress than I did in March. We'll see.

I need to finish up my March 4 Bottles on 99. After that I think I will do my Easter blog hop/Exchange piece for Needlecraft Haven. Then I'll do the April Fairy. Sound like a plan? Sure hope so.

Here are the April 24 Hours of Cross Stitch Challenges I'm shooting for...

1st Challenge. Stitch for 24 hours throughout the month.

2nd Challenge. My favorite. The acrostic. Letters this month SUN&SHADOW.

S - Stitchonomy Critters SAL
Connection: S in Designer
Goal: Keep up

The new SAL starts April 16th. I'm hoping to keep up but we'll see. I hope the pieces aren't as big as the plants!

U - Winter Time
Connection: Unending Season
Goal: At least 24 minutes

I love Winter but I know a lot of people think it's a season that never ends. I would love to make more progress on this beauty.

N - NeedleCraft Exchange
Connection: N in Group Name
Goal: Finish

I'm going to stitch up this cute freebie. Go here to get the pattern. I want to use it for the Easter blog hop and for an upcoming exchange.

& - All I need is...
WIPGO Pick #24
Connection: Love & a Dog
Goal: At least 2 hours
I'm now 4 picks behind on my WIPGO board. It's okay. Just need to catch up. I need to get 2 hours on this piece to mark off this square.

S - Pizza Slice MH
WIPGO Pick #18
Connection: Slice of Pizza
Goal: Finish?
Another WIPGO pick. I would love to finish this up. I bet it won't take long.

H - Happy Camper MH
WIPGO Pick #25
Connection: H in Title
Goal: Finish?
Jeremiah and Mom collect camper things. When she seen this Mill Hill Kit it was a must do. This is a WIPGO pick for April.

A - April Fairy
Connection: A in Title
Goal: Finish
My monthly fairy is another cutie.

D - Embers
WIPGO Pick #11
Connection: Dragon
Goal: At least 2 Hours
This is the other WIPGO pick this month. 2 hours to mark this one off.

O - 99 Bottles
Connection: Oats in Beer
Goal: 4 Bottles
April's set of 4 bottles to keep up with my goal of 4 a month for a finish this year on this WIP.

W - Wish Upon a Starfish
Connection: W in Title
Goal: At least 24 Minutes
I would like to make a bit more progress on this one.

3rd Challenge is to fit my stitching into fun holidays that Jen has picked for each day of the month. World Party Day should be easy with 99 Bottles. Look Up at the Sky Day would work for Embers since the dragon is flying. National Stress Awareness Day is something we all need with the craziness going on right now in the world.

I hope we all find time for lots of stress relief and maybe that stress relief will be extra stitching time. Here's hoping we all have a fantastic April. I'm off to finish those pesky bottles from March.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Your goals sound doable. There are definitely some nice projects included!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Good luck with your goals, love the Firewing Dragon.

Carol said...

Great goals for the month, Katie--that pizza slice is making me want some :) Enjoy your week!

Julie said...

Nice to have a plan of action for the month, good luck with it.

Rachel said...

Those all seem like very reasonable goals, and maybe because you're stitching them for you, rather than as compulsory pieces, you will enjoy them a lot more. Good luck with everything! :)

Bethan said...

Good luck with all your goals. The pizza looks weirdly tasty!

Astrids dragon said...

All great choices, I love that camper... and the dragon should be obvious!

Faith... said...

You got this Katie! Your challenges seem very reasonable and doable. I look forward to a great April recap post from you.