Aug 3, 2020

Home and Trying to Get Back to Normal

Normal...What's that? I swear I don't know any more. I'm home. We came home Sunday the 26th like we were supposed to. I was buried in laundry. Ending up doing 9 loads during the week. All the bedding, towels, swim stuff, and our normal laundry sure added up. I felt so refreshed though. Jeremiah was so happy too. Our big party went amazing. We had 25 people I think if I added them all up right. 6 campers, 1 in a truck setup, 3 tents, our cabin and my dad and step mom in their room in the barn. It was Jeremiah's first time at our big camping bash party and he had a blast. He felt included and loved it. Mom came down Thursday and stayed till time to come home too. It was perfect. So needed for so many of us. We laughed and laughed and just loved each other's friendship.

It was sad to come home but it was time. Fred and I got to talking while I was gone and we realized we hadn't had a weekend alone since last year. So we fixed that. This past weekend we went down just the two of us. No kids. No dogs. It was wonderful. Fred has been working on fixing his self. Depression is an ugly beast isn't it? He got a pay raise. He got new hours that he has always wanted. Instead of getting out of work at 5:00pm he gets out 3:30pm. He loves it. He now understands yeah work is hard work but he's getting paid more at least. So it might be worth it. Plus the new guy has finally stepped up a bit and the boss has decided to pick on the new guy instead of Fred. About time. My stress level is doing a lot lot lot better. My depression has lessened drastically. I'm dealing with things so much easier I've noticed. Mom is doing great. We have all realized we need to be a team and do things together instead of pushing it onto me. I need help and it's okay to ask. I can't do it all like I was trying before. So I will breath and ask for help. I will say Hey I'm not okay. I will listen and hear and we will all do better. Sorry to bore any of you that doesn't want to hear about this but you know it's me and it's the truth and I'm going to share it. Maybe someone reading this feels the same way. Please Ask for help. Tell your loved ones you need them. Sometimes we all need to accept we really can't do it all. We just can't.

I've still only stitched ONCE! I know shame. But hobbies can wait. Life is so much more than just my hobbies. I understand that better. I did find some time throughout my vacation to work on my latch hook rug. Here it was the beginning of my time there...
Here is a reminder of what the set I got for Christmas will look like...
The one I'm working on right now is the bear. You can tell better with the photo after my progress...
I think I ended up with 4 days of progress and 29 rows added. I know I'm over half way. This is a nice project to work at while I'm at the cabin so it stayed there. Honestly I miss working on it. I look forward to getting another good day on it.

I'm really hoping this week to finally stitch again. I did start thinking about on what. I'm trying to remind myself to breath and work on what I want to work on. Yes I'm behind but I'll catch up....sometime. Plus they were just fun goals not requirements to be a good person.

I'm also so far behind on everyone's blogs. I will catch up. Or I will skip the ones I'm behind and see you in your next posts. Thanks for hanging in there with me. I'm hoping to be back to normal again very soon. I guess for those who have followed me for years though know I do get really busy this time of year. Just no traveling away vacations. This stupid virus has sure canceled a ton of our plans. No Vegas trip this year after all. We moved it from April to September and now just canceled it. Right now we are hoping to go next April if the world is better. So more cabin time is ordered I guess. We'll be fine. We sure love it there. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Your bear looks amazing! So glad you enjoyed your break; we all need a break every now and then. As someone who lives on her own (except for my dogs of course<3), I really miss having someone else who can help out at home, or share the cost of the bills etc. It can be so hard to always being the one responsible for everything...

Cathy said...

Welcome back, Katie! It sounds like you've done some self-discovery and healing. I hope you continue to heal and feel better and get back to stitching. (It's a stress reliever for me.) If you never catch up though, that's okay; stitching is supposed to be FUN!

Your bear is lovely and it is the perfect project to work on at the cabin. Are you going to do the deer, too.

Faith... said...

Glad to see you back and happy! Looks like the entire family has taken some time to think about their selves and work on making them happier. Depression is an ugly thing and a lot of the time people don't even realize or admit that they have it (me) and others don't know that a person is suffering from it; it is such an invisible disease. Glad to see that your family has decide to come together and work on it as a team.

Laundry... YUCK; that was a lot. I just love how the bear is coming. Latch hook is one thing that I just couldn't "get" but my sister used to do some beautiful pieces.

Rachel said...

I admire you for coming home when you said you would. It must have been so tempting to stay at the cabin and keep ignoring the world, but there comes a time when you have to face reality again and I'm pleased you felt comfortable with the timing of that decision.
Of course we have all missed your blog posts and stitching, and sometimes it's easy to forget there's a 'real' person behind the jolly posts, but I do hope you've found comfort being back at home, and maybe even put in a stitch or two. Lots of hugs are hoping you'll start feeling more like your old self soon. :)

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

DJ said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I'm glad you were able to acknowledge your
need and ask for help, and I'm glad there are folks around you ready and willing to lend a helping hand! I'm a slave to my stitching...haha...I wish I could learn your lesson. Giving yourself permission to let your stitching slip is freeing isn't it? I'll be cheering you on when you're ready to stitch again...in the meanwhile I'll be cheering you on as you learn to receive help! *Hugs* Hang in there!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely to see a post from you, your bear is growing nicely. I am glad to hear that you are all working things out together. I read your sidebar intro and it says "we really rely on one another" Not "Katie tries to do everything"! It's good to remember that you are a team, you work hard and play hard too!
The stitching will always be here for you, probably in the Winter time again.

Astrids dragon said...

Nothing wrong with taking a break and asking for help, we should all probably do that more often. And good news for Fred too, it's not a good thing to be feeling stressed at work.
I LOVE your latch hook, how nice to have something else to look forward to when you head to the cabin. And how wonderful that you have such a place to go to since going almost anywhere else just isn't happening any time soon!