Aug 10, 2020

Hey Look a Monday Update

What? A Monday update....on a Monday.... so soon after my last post too. I might be back. We'll see haha.

Guess what else. I have stitching to share! I know shock all around.

I put 3 days of work into Boba Fett. Here he was before...

 
 
I finished the 2nd page. Moved up to the top two pages. 

I have another life change to mention. My husband's work was offering free fit bits to help motivate people to get moving. I decided to take the chance. I've never been a diet person. I always joked about waiting till I needed to do something. Right now my numbers are okay. But honestly it's coming and I know it. So I'm going to try to see if I can do anything to help myself. Yes I'm overweight. I know that. I'm not going to stop eating what I want to eat but I'm going to be smart. I don't need to finish the whole pot of macaroni and cheese. I can eat it still. But I know I don't need it all. I really hope I can help myself get in a better routine. Of course losing weight would be a bonus and making money for my hubby's insurance account is an extra bonus literally. 

 We had a lovely weekend at the cabin. Just a normal one. We took Izzy again. She hadn't been for a few weekends. Saturday we did up some bags of corn for our freezers. We Cook it. Cut it off the cob and bag it up. Izzy floated in the pond with us. It was hot and she loved it. It was her first time in the water since she was a puppy. I held her and she just floated. It was adorable. I'm sure it felt good on her arthritic legs. Sunday Fred helped dad a bit in the barn. He is still doing some renovating and it's fun to see it change. This coming weekend just Fred and I will be there. My step mom's family is having a wedding so everyone will be there. Fred and I gave Jeremiah the option to come or stay home and he picked to stay at home and play with his friends again on Saturday night. So Fred and I are going to take Saturday and make it a geocaching day. I'm really looking forward to it.  

I hope everyone has a fantastic week.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Yay, a Monday Update And stitching! Boba Fett is growing nicely. I have a Fit Bit, but use it more as a watch than anything else any more. Like you, I could use to lose some weight.

Rhona said...

Wow....great progress! it's looking really good.

I love my Fitbit, it really makes me motivated to get in my steps each day. I'm sure you'll love it once you get started with it.

LindaLee said...

Hello my friend. Enjoyed your post, and I love the colors you're working with for your stitching. I'm going to keep you in mind when I say my prayers. It sounds like you're looking into changing your life some in a healthy and smart way. Keep us all posted! Have a great week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the Sarlaac!
Well done on starting down the fit road too. Portion control is a great way to get back in tune with how much you actually *need* to eat. There are some amazing comparision videos for UK vs US takeaway foods. Our "large" is barely a small in some of your places. Same for our bodies!!
My steps have definitely gone down since lockdown started although I try to walk 2-3 miles a day with my son it's nothing compared to my usual pre-Covid days.

Faith... said...

Another date weekend! Yay for you two.

I wish you lots of success with your new eating plan. I don't like to say the "D" word so I just say lifestyle change because that is what it really is. I know you can do it as you already have the right attitude about it.

Congrats on your stitching mojo returning! Boba Fett looks great!!

Annie said...

Great progress on your stitching!
You must post a pic of Izzy; I don't think I've seen her... Love seeing pictures of everyone's dogs!

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress, you're almost half way finished!
Not only have I been using my Fitbit (So nice to have another friend there!) but I'm using Noom as well. I'm pretty sure you can try it for two weeks for free. And it's exactly what Faith said, it's not a diet but a lifestyle change. Sometimes the logging is a pain, but when I'm on track with it, it really helps.
I'm so glad you're spending time together and having fun!

Rachel said...

Good for you on the fitbit. Just a little bit each day will make such a difference in the long-term.
It's lovely to see some stitching progress, and I know it's all part of the picture, but don't you find those wormy-tentacle thingies just a little bit gross! :)