Aug 17, 2020

Monday Update

 Hello to all my favorite readers. Well hello to any of my readers I guess haha. I'm back. So far so good. I got two stitching days last week. Wednesday and Thursday. I'm sure not back to my normal stitching non stop like winter time but I've accepted that. I've been doing a lot of surveys and making great money. I've made almost $700 this year already from surveys. Recently completed one where I was forced to taste test these mixed drinks from Seagrams haha. I'm supposed to get paid $200 here in a few weeks!!! Plus the drinks were delicious. I got one today to be a tester for a deodorant and I can get paid for my answers. I think it was like $20. Awesome. Anyway back to stitching... which is why you're here right?

I worked on Beer Dragon since I just LOVE that piece. Here it was before...

 
 I added 4 hours and 25 minutes into finishing up this page...
Very close to finishing up the page as you can see. This one will stay out. I really just love stitching on it. Plus no way could I put it down with that little bit to go on the page.

Fred and me had a fantastic weekend. Friday we headed down to our cabin. Saturday we went geocaching. I loaded a ton of pictures on my Facebook for my friends there. Here was our focus for the day Saturday...
They started doing Geoart. It's basically geocaches in the shape of something. This one is a fish as you can see. The targets are the posted coordinates on the geocaching website. Each one of the 22 caches is a puzzle. Since it would be hard to get the roads to match a real art design. So the question boxes with the smilies are where they actual hidden items were. We had a blast together. It was hot but we still enjoyed our day together very much. Only cost.....tank of gas. Memories made were SOOOO worth it. Here are a few of my favorite photos of the day...
The top photo you can see the geocache hanging on the left of the post toward the bottom. Tiny little green capsule that screws together. Inside was a log all rolled up. You write your name in this case THF which stands for Treasure Hunting Family that sure won't fit on that tiny paper. Get a point for logging the find. The third photo you can see the same type of little capsule hanging down from the wooden post. The tiny tiny little nano we found several of too. Hides perfect in metal signs. 

We ended the day with 30 new finds. We now have 1,718 finds total. We ate at a delicious brewery and headed back to our cabin for the night. Sunday we came home after just laying around and being lazy for several hours. It was a wonderful weekend. We have promised to not wait so long to have another geocaching day again. We really enjoyed ourselves.

So in between my fun weekend, laundry, household chores, and surveys. I've been sticking to the new healthier me as well. Guess what?!? Today I weighed myself and I've lost 2.5 pounds. I can't believe it. I'm so proud of myself. I've stuck to my plan mostly. Yesterday was the first day I didn't hit my goal of 5,000 steps a day. But that's okay I still got 3,494 steps on a bad day. I've stuck to my calorie intake every day. Today I added an aerobic exercise for half an hour. I'm really doing a lot better than I thought I would be. Yeah I hurt. But my arthritis hurt before hand anyway. At least this hurt means I've been working my bum off. Literally haha. I'm not going to bed hungry. I'm not forcing myself to do things I don't want to do. Well I didn't exactly enjoy my 30 minutes sweating exercise today but I knew it would benefit me more than annoy me haha. I'm finding the will power to take better care of myself. Damn it makes me proud of myself. 

So have a great week. Take care of yourself. Find time to stitch. If you don't find time to stitch find time for whatever makes you happy. Smile. We all deserve it.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

We used to do geocaching before they had cell phones with GPS, but haven't done any in years. I always enjoyed the new places and attractions it took us to. Congratulations on your new journey to health. You're doing great so keep it up! Oh, and since this is a stitching blog, your Beer Dragon is looking good!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beer Dragon is looking great!
I do some online surveys, small ones which typically pay £1 for 10 minutes work. It's easy and it adds up!
The geocaching looks fun and a nice way to explore the local area too.

Annie said...

Reading your post made me smile; sounds like you're really enjoying your life right now <3. Well done on taking steps to improve your health! I've been doing the same in the last year. Having both alzheimer and arthritis in my family, I want to make sure I do everything I can to help myself stay healthy for as long as possible.

Also, I just want to say a big Thank You for all the lovely comments you have left on my Swedish everyday blog lately <3 <3!! Even though I haven't replied to them, I've read and treasured every single comment! And I'm glad you're enjoying reading about and seeing pictures of my precious furbabies. My life wouldn't be worth living without my dogs; they give me so much love and a purpose in life.

Love, Annie

DJ said...

I'm so glad to hear you made time for fun together, it sounds like a lot of fun searching for these things. It's amazing how many you have found! Congratulations on the weight loss, and for working so hard to meet your goals. I'll cheer you on!! You GO Girl!!!

Astrids dragon said...

Great, more stitching and/or craft funds to put to good use!
Bring on the Beer Dragon, I love seeing him come together.
It looks like you had a great time geocaching together, and that's quite a lot of finds you've gotten. I think I should get Nathan involved in that, be prepared for questions. I showed Paul Fred's tshirt and he laughed and liked it!
Good for you for exercising and watching what you eat, slow and steady wins the race. I have good days and oops days, but it's ok.

Faith... said...

Great job on Beer Dragon! Looks like whoever hides the things for geocaching has their work cut out for them making patterns. Glad you had a great week with your eating and steps and it paid off!! Congrats!

Rachel said...

Good to see a bit more progress on Beer Dragon.
Will power is good, as is getting out and about into fresh air for your much-loved geocaching. It sounds like everything is gradually coming together after many months of stress and uncertainty. Slow and steady does it. :)