Sep 10, 2020

Really Late Monday Update

Oh well I'm here just several days late haha. We came home Monday from the cabin. The weekend was a blast. I had put two tiny days worth of stitching into the Beer Dragon before leaving. Not enough for any photos though. Trust me. Just a little over an hour worth of progress doesn't show much difference. This new me doesn't leave a lot of time for stitching right now. Trying to squeeze everything in is difficult like most people say. But I'm HAPPY and that's seriously all that matters to me. Stitching will happen just not my top priority right now. I did get 3 more lines into my Latch hook rug and totally forgot to get a photo of it before leaving the campground haha. 

So what can I show you? What we've been doing at the cabin. I showed you the new cement floor we started. Here is what we did with that area. My dad built a wall to make a section for Bev. The other side is storage for wood and tools for future projects. Jeremiah and I helped put in shelves with Dad and we moved all Bev's cooking storage stuff to the new kitchen storage room. Look at the difference...


The old room was dark and we were always hitting our heads on the boards above. It was very short. Probably a little over 5 feet high. Now here is the new room...

Told ya it was a huge difference. We could finally find things and didn't hit our heads once haha. We had several people come enjoy the campground over Labor Day. It's a family reunion kind of weekend for my step mother. We had 2 tents, 3 campers, and visitors through the whole weekend. The weather was beautiful. Finally not hot and sweaty. We even got rain a few times finally. Still need a lot more but some is better than none. 

Yesterday I got a tiny little start on the Calendar Fairies....Remember those? Yeah I started JUNE! I sure dropped the ball on those didn't I? I hope to catch up before 2020 goes away....maybe.

Guess what though? I've lost 5 pounds and half an inch off my waist!!! So that's exactly where I've been lately. Working on me. I needed it.

Have a great week....oops weekend. Smile. Find time to craft. Hug your loved ones. Love Yourself!

6 comments:

Faith... said...

Good for you Katie, getting all healthy and stuff! I am happy for you. I miss being able to go on walks now that I am walker dependent. I love the "Barn Flip" that you guys did. Everything is looking good and it will be so much easier for all of you to go in there. Oh, the Calendar Fairies! I look forward to seeing a new one fly on over to your blog!

Trace Baker said...

Good for you. A smart woman knows when she needs to focus on herself. Enjoy.

Annie said...

Congrats on your weight loss! Hope you have a lovely weekend with your family <3

DJ said...

Wow what a difference you made in your room!! And how neat it looks with everything in it's place. Great feeling to have that done I'm sure! Good for you working on you! You're an inspiration!! I almost hate to say I hope you find more time for stitching, because you seem like you're so much happier keeping busy! So...I'll just cheer you on and say, You GO Girl!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the barn, it looks much more usable now.
Well done on the weight loss too, gradual, steady loss is the sustainable way to keep the weight off.
Looking forward to seeing a new Calendar Fairy soon!

Carol said...

Katie--I am SO proud of you on your weight loss--well done!! The walking really does make a difference and you just feel so much better when you've done a nice long walk :)

Great job on your changes at the cabin! Enjoy your week!