Nov 16, 2020

Monday Update - Naughty New Start 2

 Hi everyone. So lots to talk about. Tuesday I finished up the Thanksgiving Heart...

I LOVE the way it turned out. Yes I ordered two from Ebay so shush haha. Now to find time to drag out the sewing machine to finish it before Thanksgiving. After finishing that up I pulled out 99 Bottles. I told Fred it won't be done by Christmas like I wanted. I'm now hoping to have it done by his birthday March 5th. We'll see. Anyway. I added two new bottles. Here it is now...

Then I cheated...after reading the other participants of the Naughty November SAL I realized I could start my new start whatever day I wanted to. Besides I'm extra naughty so I started my new start Thursday. I knew I would have a busy weekend. So Thursday Jeremiah picked Lizzie Kate Peppermint Sleds. Mom picked the sled with the peppermints for the first of this set...

I got 1 hour and 58 minutes to work on it Thursday. I didn't get to pick it up again till Sunday but after just 32 more minutes I was able to finish it off...

Fred and me headed down to our cabin Friday after he got off work. Jeremiah stayed home to have a gaming marathon. He had a blast with his friends. Fred and I had so much fun. We did only what we wanted to do and nothing we didn't want to. Those weekends are just wonderful. Saturday we went geocaching and found 20 before the rain and wind kicked in. It was a perfect relaxing recharging weekend. Definitely needed. Now I'm ready for the new week.

Have a great week. Love yourself. Love each other. Smile as much as you can. Take care of yourself.

7 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

A perfect finish, and in plenty of time before Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to seeing it fully finished.
Bring on the beer bottles, that will make a great birthday gift in March.
You're already naughty, why not "cheat" too?! I love the sleds, that's a truly sweet finish.
I'm glad you had a good time, quality time is the priceless.

Rachel said...

Thanks for joining in with NN. Aren't you doing well with two starts AND two finishes! Both look fantastic.
Weekends work well for me for new starts but, yes, please interpret the 'rules' to suit; it's all about the fun! And this way you get the best of both worlds - stitching during the week and having fun no-pressure cabin time at weekends. Looks like it's doing you the world of good. :)

FlashinScissors said...

Two finishes! Well done you! Look forward to seeing the FFO!
Fred’s bottles are looking great!
Sounds like you had a great time at the cabin!
Have a good week!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Carol said...

Your turkey piece turned out great, Katie! I love the little sled, too--made only one and I really should make more. They make nice little gifts! Have a great day ♥

Cathy said...

I love the Thanksgiving Heart! Congrats on having two finishes this week! It's good to see you stitching again and enjoying your cabin.

Faith... said...

Congrats on your finishes Katie! I love the heart and the sled is so cute! I am sure Fred will love 99 Bottles for his birthday, good luck finding time to work on it. It is nice to have a relaxing grown up weekend!

DJ said...

Well....look at you go! Love the sled and your heart...both beautifully stitched! It's amazing to me watching those beer bottles being stitched, you've come so far since I first started watching it grow! Well done, and I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend, you deserve it!