Nov 23, 2020

Monday Update

Let's see....lots to talk about again...

Thursday I worked on Beer Dragon...

Man this one is so hard to put down. But Friday was another Naughty November New Start. Plus it was IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend) This time around Jeremiah picked Lizzie Kate A Little Beach. I started it at home and then packed it up for a lazy cabin weekend. Fred was going to deer hunt with my Dad and Step mom for the weekend and that meant a lot of down time for Jeremiah and I. We watched several movies and just enjoyed our lazy time before the Thanksgiving hustle. No deer for anyone unfortunately. Fred almost got one but she got away. Which my animal lover instinct is kind of happy about haha. I do know the way my dad is though the meat and everything is very well used so it would have been okay if they had caught up. Anyway back to my stitching. Last night I put the final stitches into the Lizzie Kate...

I just love how it turned out. The kit came with linen which isn't my favorite thing to stitch on but I love the way it looks. I asked mom (since I knew she would steal it haha) and she said a little pillow would look great so another reason to pull out the sewing machine.

So third Naughty November start and third finished. Don't worry I will ruin that with the last start it's a larger piece and I doubt I will stick with it till I finish it. Too many other projects screaming at me for attention. 

Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the US. Lots to do between now and then. Few last groceries to gather tomorrow. Prep day Wednesday with Pumpkin pies, deviled eggs, veggie dip, and cutting up veggies, and another yummy dessert that Jeremiah demands called Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball. Yummy Yummy. We will eat ourselves miserable then Thursday. Just our little family in our house. Nothing fancy but means the world to us. Fred has to work Friday so hopefully that will mean lots of stitching and relaxing time. In between eating leftovers of course haha. I hope everyone has a great week. Try to find time to yourself.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your third NN start and finish, and good luck with all your Thanksgiving prep. Sounds like life has 'just about' returned to as normal as possible for you, providing you don't stress yourself out too much with Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)

Carol said...

Your LK turned out so cute, Katie! It will look great as a pillow finish, too. Enjoy your Thanksgiving--it's just me and my husband this year. Missing my sons so much, but traveling is just not safe right now. Take care now and enjoy your feast on Thursday :)

Cathy said...

I'm loving Beer Dragon and the Lizzie Kate is cute, too. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and don't get too stressed. We're staying home this year too, but I'm cooking a 20 pound turkey for the two of us--we love the leftovers!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see Beer Dragon out again. Lovely new start and finish! I just knew your Mum would want to steal that one too LOL
I'm glad you had a nice weekend and that hubby didn't catch a deer! We have them in our garden and they are so beautiful. We also have pheasant and we refer to them as Sunday Dinner, even though we've never eaten one!

DJ said...

You really are on a roll! You've made great progress on Beer Dragon! What a fun start and finish...can't wait to see how you'll fully finish it! I'm betting your house smells wonderful with all that delicious cooking! Happy Thanksgiving!

Faith... said...

Wow three new starts and finishes for NN! You are doing great. Love the new LK and I love the colors in Beer Dragon. Hope you guys are having a great Thanksgiving and enjoying your time away. Happy Thanksgiving!

Bethan said...

Congratulations on your NN start/finish! I'm intrigued to see what the next one is. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family x

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on another finish! I haven't managed to finish my 3rd one yet, and the 4th is looking like it will take a while too. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the time to relax.

FlashinScissors said...

Congrats on your lovely finish!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and had time for more stitchingx relaxing!
Looking forward to seeing your next new start!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

Well of course Mom would like to acquire you latest finish, it's so sweet! Looking forward to seeing it fully finished.