Dec 1, 2020

Advent Blog Hop Day 1

The lovely Jo who always hosts the most fun blog hops has done it again. Now it's time for the wonderful fantastic Christmas Advent Calendar. First things first Jo will have a post of all the doors on her blog so stop over there to see the list...

Jo's Blog

Each door will have something Christmas/Winter we have created and we were also asked to post about a favorite Christmas book. So here is my assigned door...

I always knew I was number 1. Haha. So I love Christmas but I haven't read a Christmas themed book in forever. So I figured a quick look into something I would like to read. I will warn you....I'm weird. I don't like traditional Christmas stories. I love Horror movies. So what about this weird book...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13505670-krampus

I've seen a Krampus movie and this book would be really fun to read. One review of this book said if you loved American Gods book this is for you. That really peaked my interest.

So now I will show you something Christmas/Winter themed I've stitched...

Earlier this year I finished off this little Hinzeit Merry Noel piece...

I also just recently finished this little peppermint Lizzie Kate sled...

I really look forward to seeing what everyone else posts. Have a great blog hop. Like it even needs to be suggested.

22 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Katie,
Great post! I hadn’t heard of Krampus, I think it would be too scary for me but interesting to see what you like!
Two pretty stitcheries, lovely finishes!
Have a lovely month!
Hugs
Barbara xxx

jocondine said...

Bonjour ! So happy to visit you and open the first door of Jo's great blog hop. Lovely stiching, Noël letters always offers nice pattern. Hugs. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank you for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year and kicking us off with a very interesting reading choice! The storyline sounds great but it may be a bit scary for me LOL. Maybe I'll get my son to check it out first!
Lovely stitching too.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Pretty little finishes and certainly a different reading option.

Cathy said...

I think I'll pass on the book, but Noel is very pretty.

Sheryl said...

Two pretty finishes Katie, I like scary books but just the cover of this one would give me nightmares.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely Christmas finishes, great start to the Advent Calendar Blog Hop. I'm not a fan of horror but others may enjoy your book choice.

Mary's Thread said...

What cute stitches! I love that peppermint candies sled! Have a festive month!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I'll give the horror book a miss as the old Boris Karloff and Vincent Price horror films are all I can manage :)
Your two stitched pieces are pretty. I have some sled designs which I really must pull out and stitch, now that I've seen yours.

DJ said...

What lovely Christmas stitching! I love how you finished them too! As for the book, eeeeek! I lived in Germany for a few years (DH was in the military) and I've heard of Krampus...I'll give that a wide berth, and hope if you read it, you can turn the lights off at night...haha.

beadgirl said...

Ooh, I loved American Gods, so I'll have to check the Krampus book out. Have a safe and healthy Advent and a wonderful Christmas!

Denise :) said...

Krampus always makes me laugh; I don't know why, but stories about him make me grin. Your Noel piece is beautiful ... and I love the little sled!! :)

Elfie said...

Thank you for starting the Advent Blog Hop. I love your Christmas stitching. I'm a bit of a wimp, so I think I'll give your book a miss!

Rachel said...

Ah Krampus! Definitely not a Christmas book to read to kiddies at bedtime!
Here's to wishing you a great run-up to the festivities. :)

RONI said...

Definitely a most interesting start to the hop, as far as books go!! I'm often a bit of a Grinch about the commercial side of Christmas, so something darker might appeal to me as a seasonal read. Great stitches too!

Carol said...

Two very cute Christmas finishes, Katie! I can't even look at the cover of the book as scary things are just not my cup of tea. I have to leave the room even when a commercial for a scary movie comes on the television :) Enjoy your weekend!

gracie said...

Lovely stitching. Not familiar with Krampus. Merry Christmas!

Astrids dragon said...

I'll have to look into that book, I know my older brother loves to tease about having him take care of things!
Two very sweet finishes, do you have more you plan to finish?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

My #1 son would like that book so I'll have to tell him about it. Love you Merry Noel - and merry Noel wishes to you!

BronnyB said...

A couple of lovely stitches to start off the Blog Hop and certainly an unusual book choice. I think that book exists on the peripherals of my literary knowledge and now will have to go investigate it further.
Merry Christmas

Kaisievic said...

Cute finish and I love the fact that you found a Christmas book with a twist. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Katy.

Christine said...

Great stitching! I love the sound of the book