Dec 7, 2020

Monday Update

 What a busy week. Every day I was excited about stitching and every day ended up being full with everything but stitching. Till the weekend finally. I was in a few workout challenges and had a busy week with those. So lots of walking. I hit over 10k steps every day until Saturday haha. Then I took a 7k day and Sunday was a 3k day haha. We got all our Fall/Halloween stuff put away and slowly starting the Christmas decorating. This year is sure weird. I'm excited about Christmas but not ready for December. Just not ready to be ready yet. We were planning to go get our Christmas tree Saturday. Luckily something made me look it up and we needed an appointment because of all the virus safety protocol. So luckily I was able to get one for Saturday like we wanted. 

Here ya go Rachel the photos you wanted haha...

Jeremiah nicknamed the tree in honor of 2020 Cory Rona. Gotta love him haha. It's a Fraiser Fir and we are happy to have it in our home. After Christmas we will move it outside for the birds to hide in.

After decorating our tree I settled in on the couch for the rest of the weekend. Finally it was stitching time. I finished the stitching on the July fairy. Last night I started the backstitching but sleep wouldn't wait any longer...

Hopefully soon I will be celebrating her finish. Need that precious time. More work out challenges this week and decorating the rest of the house gets priority. But hopefully I'll squeeze in time.

We also found time to watch the first 6 episodes of Season 2 of Mandalorian. Gotta love Baby Yoda....The Kid. Just two more to go.

Have a great week! Love yourself. Love each other. Smile. Stay healthy. Find time for those X's.

6 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Great work with all the steps!
It’s often hard to fit the stitching in here too, but you’ve done very well with the fairy!
It’s nice when the backstitch goes in to place, really brings out the details.
Keep up the good work with the workouts!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Cathy said...

Your tree is beautiful and congratulations on keeping up on your steps so well! Your fairy will look great when finished. Good luck finding some stitching time this week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The tree looks wonderful. Of course Jeremiah is too tall to be lifted up now!
Nice to see that you got some stitching time in anyway. Such a sweet little fairy, perfect for the top of the tree too!

Faith... said...

The tree is looking great Katie and the family looks so happy! The July Fairy is coming along nicely and I can't wait to see it all backstitched!

Rachel said...

Yay, thank you! Lovely to see such happy faces decorating the tree. Good luck with the rest of the house. I've gone light and tinsel crazy this year but not much else so far.
Good luck with finishing off the July fairy. The phrase 'Christmas in July' is often used, so why not July at Christmas!! :)

Carol said...

Your tree is lovely, Katie! I so miss a real tree. We had to start putting up artificial trees due to my middle son's allergies back in the 90s and never went back. Maybe we'll get a small real tree one of these years :) Loving the Mandalorian--we are only on the third episode of Season Two. I smile each time Baby Yoda makes an appearance :)