Jan 18, 2021

Monday after IHSW Update

So it was IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend) I took the weekend off everything. Even being healthy. No walking for me. Well unless I was going to the bathroom. The boys had two nights of their gaming marathon. So I had lots and lots of stitching time. First up I really wanted to finish my September Fairy. Guess what happened Saturday...

(Finish 2) January 16th
September from Lili of the Valley Calendar
From 2016 Cross Stitcher Magazine
Stitched on 32ct Lambswool Evenweave
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Dec 30th. Took 8 Days.
Total Time 17 Hours and 26 Minutes 

Then I decided to pull out New York Dreamer Winter Time again. Hadn't worked on it since April 30th...
I didn't realize how close I was to finished. Luckily the boys stayed up till 3am so I got to work and 3 hours and 22 minutes later...
(Finish 3) January 16th
Winter Time
from New York Dreamer
Stitched on 32ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana
Using Suggested GAST, CCC and DMC threads
Started Dec 28th, 2019. Took 10 Days.
Total Time 24 Hours and 20 Minutes
 
Sunday I got a little over 600 stitches added to Bloody Mary Dragon...
 Yep still a mostly black blob. I'm trying haha. So it was very worth the break days. I got just a little over 2k steps each day Saturday and Sunday. It was very needed though. I had hit over 10k every day since January 2nd. I'm back at it today. Hit 12k steps. I hope you all have a great week. Smile. Love yourself. Love each other. Good luck finding time for thing that make you happy.

9 comments:

Faith... said...

Oh she is finished and adorable! And another finish... looks like you might be on a roll!! I am sure you will get to a color eventually on your Bloody Mary Dragon!

Carol said...

Love, love, love the Winter Time finish, Katie! I had forgotten that I had that chart, but when I was organizing my stash I found it--I was so excited :) Doesn't take much to make me happy!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did have a productive IHSW! I think you got all my stitching time as well as your own!
Love the little September Fairy and the amazing Winter Time too. I really like this series,I may have told you a hundred times before LOL

Cathy said...

Lots of stitching this weekend and two finishes! Love the fairy!

jhm said...

You are doing better at steps than me. My goal for January is at least a mile each day. February will be an increase. How much depends on how well I actually do in January. Some days I've been creative in pacing the downstairs just ot get steps in. Boring! but better than freezing.

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, she's a cutie, a perfect September fairy.
I love your Winter Time, it's so beautiful and how nice that you finished it in January.
Great job walking, and it's always nice to take a break when you need one.

DJ said...

Awwww....your September fairy is gorgeous and so cute! I love, love, love the Winter Time, I've drooled over that pattern before...haha. How will you finish them? I'm sure you can't wait to get to some color in your Bloody Mary! Hang in there! Well done with walking, it's ok to give yourself a break as long as you don't stay there too long!

Bethan said...

Sometimes a weekend of stitching (or gaming) is just what we need! Really great stitching done

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your productive weekend; two very pretty finishes must have been a great morale booster. Maybe you should 'encourage' the boys to have another gaming marathon for the next IHSW? :)