Jan 25, 2021

Monday Update

I did a lot last week but only one day of stitching. Why? So we all know I scaled back my stitching requirements to make myself less stressed. It has worked a ton. I've also been working hard on healing my personal stress. Most days it works fine. I've had a few days that went bad but not near as many. I've really enjoyed my workout groups. Then I noticed I was really really stressing over these two. One was setup like Biggest Loser. Very motivating but the layout was hard for my brain. I noticed I would worry at night while trying to sleep what I needed to hit the next day. Where I was going to get my points. Then I said Hey wait a minute. I'm doing this to myself. No one is forcing me to be this upset over being healthy and I need to focus on inside and out not just my weight. So I stepped down and I swear I immediately felt better. I was a little worried I would love my motivation but now I just adapted to my other smaller challenges better. So no less motivation just a lot less stress to hit my goals now. *big breath* Then I had one last day of this big challenge. It was a 3 week long battle of 10 person teams. It was a lot of fun but kind of advanced for me. I was the captain of the team which made me feel like I needed to do more because I'm the captain right? Yep you're hearing how I set myself up to be stressed. Thursday was the final battle. Oh my. What a challenge. I walked walked walked walked I hit 17k steps for my first time every. We won the battle but I was pooped. I told myself I'm not allowed to sign up next time. It's just a little too advanced for me and that letting myself stress too much limit. So long story kind of long haha. I've figured out what I needed to do to cut back. Besides I need more stitching time haha. I can be healthy and stitch....right? LOL 

Wednesday I did put a little less than 200 stitches into Bloody Mary. Don't worry still a blackish blob. I did move to the next set of two columns for the first page...

Then we did something we really needed to do. We had a cabin weekend. Jeremiah, Fred and I. It was wonderful. We stayed warm with our two heaters. We had got Jeremiah the first season of South Park on DVD for Christmas. Fred and I watched it when we were in college and just had to introduce Jeremiah to it. We laughed so hard. Yes it's offensive but we laughed and laughed. He is 22 now so that kind of humor is okay for us immature people haha. I already have Seasons 2 through 5 on order haha. We made it through the first season over the weekend and are waiting impatiently for the next ones to arrive. We also had a nice time hanging out with Dad and my family down there. It had been since Christmas since we had been there. Jeremiah looked around the cabin and said I knew I missed it here but I didn't realize how much. It was so relaxing and just wonderful. 

So it's a new week. I've still hit 10k today but because I wanted to and no stress. Perfect. I'm getting a handle on this thing called life....maybe....hopefully. 

Have a great week ahead. I hope to stitch but haven't quite decided what is screaming the loudest. I'm also hoping to drag out my sewing machine this week. Love yourself. Stay healthy. Find what's stressing you. Stop it! Haha

6 comments:

Faith... said...

Katie I am so glad that you are so focused on yourself and how things are affecting you. I think that many people don't recognize how things bother them and if they do they tend to ignore it instead of thinking they can change it. I hope that you get to some color soon but when I looked at the photo it looks like it is still a ways off!

Rachel said...

Oh dear, sorry to read about your woes, but well done for quickly recognising and doing something about them. Big thumbs up there!
It's difficult; you want the motivation and challenge but you don't want to 'fail' or let others down. There is no 'one size fits all' but I'm sure there's a challenge with your name on it somewhere out there.
In the meantime it definitely sounds like more cabin time is needed, and you've always got the big pond to walk around time and time again to get your steps in.

I have a totally different approach and keep my Fitbit completely personal; no groups, no sharing, no stress. I don't set goals, just aim to improve on the previous week's data. If it doesn't happen I don't worry; just try again the following week. Once that's levelled off then I'll set the goals. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have to look after yourself first and foremost. I stood down from adminning one (non-stitching) group I really enjoyed but was quite stressful. I took a six month break and then volunteered to admin a stitching group, followed by setting up a new one of my own LOL

Your black blob looks fabulous, can't remember when I saw a nice black blob. Hahaha

ps stitching burns 86 calories per hour.

Cathy said...

I'm glad you were able to figure out what was stressing you and back off where necessary. Stress isn't good for you, so do what makes you happy instead.

DJ said...

Hi Katie! Well done for figuring out your stress factors! I admire what you are doing and it has given me things to think about to relieve some of the stress in my life too. Thank you for your inspiration! I'm enjoying watching your black blob grow...with the anticipation of more color when it happens. So glad you got a chance to visit the cabin, it seems to be a magical place where all your troubles melt away.

Astrids dragon said...

I like playing BINGO with fitbit when invited, but the week and weekend challenges make me feel like the biggest loser - and not in the good way!
Do what you enjoy, in your walking AND stitching.
I don't think I've seen South Park since way before the boys were born, you are going old school!