Dec 7, 2021

Advent Blog Hop Day 7

 

Today is my day for the Advent Blog Hop. Don't know what I'm talking about....What?? Who are you? Haha. Head over to Jo's blog for a wonderful experience. 

First we are to share a Christmas related piece we have crafted...

Nothing Christmas related so far this year. But this little finish was from last year. It's a Hinzeit chart and I really enjoy stitching and finishing it. 

 Next up we are supposed to talk about our Christmas tree. We get a real tree. We have several years from a local tree farm. I just LOVE the smell. We try to go early but not too early so most the time the first weekend in December they don't seem to have a problem lasting till after Christmas so far. We get a Douglas or Frasier fir. 

If you can't tell in the photo we are star on the top people. I love bright colorful lights. Blinking lights are perfect. Then a beautiful bright star on the top. Jeremiah puts it on. Fred used to be able to lift him up by now he needs to use a chair. He finally got too heavy to lift up. 

Spike didn't quite understand why we suddenly had a tree in our house. But he's doing pretty well. Caught him drinking out of the water bowl today but really he has left it alone for the most part. The tree farm also has a train that you can take a ride on so the 1st photo is of that. 

Now to wait till Christmas Eve night to put presents under. We always wait and do it after Jeremiah is in bed. So the magic is still there for his Christmas morning.

18 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar this year. I do love your star tradition! Even if the Boy is too big to be lifted up and the Dog probably wouldn't understand what to do LOL

diamondc said...

Katie: I have tears in my eyes, what a wonderful thing to do and save the magic till Christmas Eve.
You are wonderful parent's, your son is very lucky to have you.
I wish we could have a real tree, my cat loves to eat the needles and climb up the middle.
Beautiful pillow, Merry Noel.
I love your leggings, oh so cute.
Krissy sends hugs and doggy kiss's to Spike

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Mary's Thread said...

Hi Katie! What a fun set of tree pictures! You've documented the whole process! :) Your little Hinzeit stitch is very cute. I hope you and your family will enjoy all the blessings and joy of the season!

Astrids dragon said...

That is a sweet finish, you can't go wrong with a Hinzeit.
I love that Jeremiah puts the star on top and that you put the presents out after he's in bed. DH does that for me too, I still like to be surprised.
Fun that you have a train ride before getting your tree.
Happy Christmas!

Shelly said...

Pretty tree! I like a star on my tree also. I've never seen a Hinzeit stitched, very nice and yours looks great. Sounds like a fun day was had picking out a tree. Merry Christmas!

Denise :) said...

Oh, your Merry Noel is beautifully done! Love your tree trimming traditions! Those are the best family memories, aren't they? Merry Christmas! :)

beadgirl said...

Merry Christmas!

Mylene said...

Hello Katie, lovely to see/read your post and pictures you shared.
Happy Holidays!

jocondine said...

Love the train ride to get the tree, such fun! Nice Noël stitching. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Carol said...

That is such a pretty ornament, Katie. I love the simple beauty of it! Your tree will be mighty tempting to Spike :) I'm wondering how mine will survive my 17 month old grandson!!

RONI said...

Lovely tree and memories. It's sweet reading about the different traditions we all have around our trees

Elfie said...

I'm a little late, but I have really enjoyed my visit. I envy you your real tree. It looks so lovely, and I'm sure it smells wonderful. I am enjoying reading about the Christmas traditions that families have. Merry Christmas!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Katie,
I’m catching up on visiting, such a busy time of the year!
What a lovely trip to find your perfect tree! Hope Spike leaves it alone!
Wishing you all a the most perfect Christmas.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitched piece and your tree looks great. Happy Christmas.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love the simplicity of your Noel pillow. Thank you for sharing the photos of your tree and Jeremiah putting the star on.

gracie said...

Wonderful pictures...Merry Christmas.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lovely tree you had, looks like the whole family had fun picking it out and putting it up.

Rachel said...

Yay! Thank you for the picture!! It's lovely to keep traditions going, no matter the age of the children!
I'm sure it won't take Spike long to get used to all the quirks in family life. He's still very young but you've already introduced and included him in so much. Maybe it was a good idea not to put all the presents under the tree in case he decided to have a little pre-Christmas rummage! :)