Jan 8, 2023

WIPocalypse Intro

Well Hello I'm here to talk about WIPocalypse. I've done this for as long as I remember haha. The purpose is to stitch all our WIPs before the End of the World. What a fun purpose. Stitch!! I like to use this blog SAL as an excuse to keep track of what I work on and how long. I keep a weekly journal. Each day I write a note of what I've worked on and how many days I've worked on that project. (I no longer keep track of time in hours.) Then on WIPocalypse update days I go over what I've worked on since the last update. It really helps me see my progress on WIPs through the year. Measi also gives us a fun question we can answer each time too. 

So first off head over to Measi's information post on the SAL if you need more information. Then sometime today there will be a check in post on her main blog. 

Today's Task: January 8 – Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

I'm Katie. I am happily married to Fred. We have a wonderful son named Jeremiah. He is now 24! Wow how is that possible. I've blogged here forever and a day haha. I love blogging. Life has thrown me a lot lately. So I went pretty silent for awhile but I am back better than ever. Well I hope so at least. We live in Indiana. Just moved into our happy place which is a cabin on a private campground my dad and step mom own. We left a 4,000 square foot house with way too much crap to a 12x24 room. I suddenly lost my mom in October. I was her caretaker. So my life has drastically changed. I am caretaker still for my son. He has Cerebral Palsy and can't walk without assistance. So we do everything together. Which is okay with me. I am healing and learning who I am. I do one thing a lot.... I love cross stitching! Plus blogging. So I talk about that mostly. Life sneaks in too because I write my blog like I'm talking to a stitching friend because if you are reading this......you must be a stitching friend. If not....Nice to meet you. 

I stitch on EVERYTHING haha. I don't have a rotation. I tried that. I stitch on what I want when I want to. If I want to start something I will. So who knows what I will be working on next post haha. But I do have some goals for the year...

I want to finish this Soda Stitch pattern each season...

I have the gnome and some of the wheel barrel stitched up on the Winter one now. 

I'm doing these each month...

There are a lot of other things I might finish this year. But I will stick with the might want to finish. Who knows something else might just pop in and take priority. These two are my big GOALS for the year. Keep it light. Keep it happy. 

I normally check in on Mondays. So come back tomorrow if interested. Love yourself. Smile.

7 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Good luck with your SAL this year, I am a one at a time stitcher, I like to see things get constructed and cannot wait to get them done, hence one at a time.
I like seeing all the designs everyone is working on, it is rather fun for me to see.
I am looking forward to seeing your progress on the Gnomes they are so cute.

Catherine

jocondine said...

Hi and Bonne Année 2023 ! Glad to read I'll visit you on WIPO post and see the progress on the Gnomes seasons I really love. Have fun with all your projects. xxx

Rachel said...

Good luck for the year ahead! The gnomes and monthly designs are really sweet, but I'm sure they will be lots of other projects (both WIPs and new) joining the party this year!

Faith... said...

I just love those Gnomes. Are you stitching them as pictured or each one separately to display during it's season?

Astrids dragon said...

I love those gnomes and love seeing them when you're working on them.
You always find the cutest monthly pieces, this one is no different.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These introduction posts are always so much fun! Everyone is full of their hopes and dreams for the coming year and all the wonderful designs we want to stitch.
Looking forward to following along with you.

Bridgette said...

Hi Katie, I am blogging again as I really enjoyed it and life should be about what we enjoy! You may remeber me I use to blog as Stitchthrifty ages ago. I am also in IN. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I am also my moms caretaker, so I can imagine what a big change and void that is. I love that monthly series, I am adding that to my someday list. Happy stitching and I am looking forward to seeing your updates and reconnecting.