Feb 6, 2023

Feb 6th Monday Update

 Let's see what I've been stitching since last Monday update. 

Monday I worked on the new part for The Blackwork SAL...

Today's piece is a beautiful of leaves in the middle top part. Can't wait to stitch it.

Tuesday Rainbow Dragon was still on the Q-Snap so might as well work on her right...

Wednesday the February challenge started. I seen a few say I would finish it. No way! It's SLOW. But progress is progress. Here it is now after at least a half hour every day so far...

If you look at the post right before this one you'll see where I started this one for February. 

I've also worked on Season 2 of Year of Celebrations Wed, Thu, Sat, and Sun...

So still busy stitching. Also busy with life. Lots of walking for my exercise challenge groups. I enjoy it but I notice I do get burnt out sometimes. Just tired. The weekend was stressful instead of relaxing but I will be okay. I will bounce back. Life just loves to cause issues doesn't it? 

On Thursday Jeremiah had an eye appointment with a new eye doctor here locally. She was amazing and we were so impressed with her. But she did verify that Jeremiah has glaucoma. His biggest fear is going blind. So poor guy cried so hard which made me cry of course. Now she said there are so many treatments. She is doing some tests next month. Then we will have a plan in April for what we want to do going forward. She told him He is Not Going Blind! Just need to figure out what we want to do to keep it that way. I just hate him having to deal with anything else. 

Then we planned our first vacation without my mother. Really this will be our first big vacation just us. We always traveled with my mom. Plus Spike!! I've always wanted to travel with a dog. Anyway we are going back to mom's favorite place in the world....OBX, North Carolina (Kill Devil Hills to be exact for those who know where it is). 3 of her favorite lighthouses are there. We will be taking a small amount of her ashes to be spread on her birthday. Needless to say I've cried so much about it. It will just be such an emotional trip. First time back since 2017. First time without my mom. Her birthday. With her ashes. Sooo much emotions. But I am so looking forward to seeing that gorgeous ocean again. Just raw from all the emotions lately. I will be okay. I will be okay. Just need life to slow down a little bit and lay off haha. 

New Week. Love myself. Love yourself. Smile. We got this.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Awww... Katie, I feel for you. That will be one emotional trip, but your mom would be so happy that you are taking it. I'm very familiar with Kill Devil Hills having vacationed there for over 35 years with my husband's entire family every summer. I hope you find some joy there.

Anything with the eye is so worrisome, but they have such great treatments now for glaucoma. I hope Jeremiah will adjust and feel better.

Nice progress on all--still can't get over those colors in the dragon! So lovely. Take care now--keep up the walking :) ♥

DJ said...

Oh Katie, my heart breaks for you. The "firsts" are so hard. Try to remember the fun, love, and fond memories. Your Mom wouldn't want you to be sad. She will always be with you in spirit. Take a beat and try to relax and soak in the moments. Your stitching is beautiful! My prayer is that they bring you comfort. *Hugs*

Faith... said...

All your stitching looks fabulous. You seem to really be moving on Rainbow Dragon with so many color changes. Great new start too!! Oh poor Jeremiah! I do hope when she told him he isn't going to go blind it reassured and calmed his nerves a little bit. I am sure it can be a very scary diagnosis for him. Such an emotional vacation you guys will go on this year. Your Mom will be there on the trip with you and will probably be so excited to see her happy place once again and getting to know a piece of her will get to stay there and we will all be there with you in spirit giving you strength to get thru the day.

Bridgette said...

Your stitching is great as always. I am so sorry that Jerimiah is stressed out, but I can understand. I too worry that my sight will get worse and worse and I won't be able to stitch. Thinking that you might not have the vision you need is super scary.
Big Big HUGS and extra HUGS to you for the rough week. The trip will be healing and remember she is with you in your heart and soul not only on that trip but every day.
I have had a few of those tear waterfalls this week for some reason too, at the silliest things. My dad has been gone 3 yrs and my brother 1yr. I fave to remind myself that they are in better places and that the tears are actually for me, because I miss them. Have a good cry and then, dry off and stitch ;)

Astrids dragon said...

It's heartbreaking when your child is upset, but it sounds like the dr is confident in helping him.
The year of firsts is definitely hard, celebrate her and your memories and try to enjoy yourselves. Stitch something beachy in her honour!
I really love all those beautiful colours in the dragon.

Rachel said...

You sure are having an emotional time again, but as such a loving family you will get through this. Of course the trips will be hard but hopefully they'll also bring a fair amount of comfort. Big hugs to Jeremiah too. Such a lot to take in.
Good to see the stitching progressing. I take it you're keeping up with the 30 minutes per day challenge?