Jul 22, 2024

Jul 22nd Monday Update

Lots to talk about. First let's see what I worked on last week.

Monday and Tuesday I worked on Christmas Celebration Sampler from Frosted Pumpkin. Finished the next section the M section and some more border...


I added 784 stitches in the two days. I really hope to finish this one this year. We'll see about that.

Wednesday I hit my monthly goal on Patriotic Gnome Littles by Waxing Moon...

It was used for a prompt challenge with the prompt Stars. 

After hitting my goal on that one I picked up Colorful Eagle by Kitty & Me. Worked on it till I hit my goal Friday of 400 stitches...and then some haha. I actually put in 776 total...

My needle just fell in love and I couldn't put him down. I finished the left page and started the right page. Love him so much.

Over the weekend it was IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). I always have great plans and then I got a whopping 351 stitches Saturday and Sunday haha. That's okay we had fun and visited with family instead. I picked up Yggdrasil again. I have a goal of 500 a month on it. No luck but there is still time in the month...

Just love the details in that corner. Beautiful. Just takes forever haha. It will sure be worth it though.

Plans. I have 4 acrostic picks to finish. So I'm hoping to work on those this week. Mushroom Gnome Mill Hill Kit, The Mandalorian, Lady Liberty, and Irish Blessing. My major problem. I keep joining challenges haha. I am in so many stitching game groups now. I have a group of girls that just keep forcing me to join new things haha. Fandom is a new fun stitching group. This year it's based on Disney. Starting July 26th  (which is also the start of the Instagram Olympics Challenge haha) through Sept 9th they are doing a Dashgo challenge (Dash from Incredibles movie). Every 2 days a number gets picked. There are different levels. The top level you use prompts they provide. Every 100 stitches gets 3pts for your team. So I have it ready to go. I made myself a promise not to get projects to fit the prompts I don't have which are a few prompts. But I have some prompts that will be fun to work on...


Minimum needed 100 stitches to mark off the square. I also joined the weekly challenge but that will help me hit my goals on my last acrostics. Really it's fun because most the time the projects work for multiple games so it's just an extra push to stitch fast haha. I am really enjoying it a lot and honestly don't feel pressure at all. The games are very clear that it's for fun so the points are just an extra fun things to work toward. Progress is what really matters and life still has to be lived....WHAT?! LOL I'm sure Fred would understand doing all the household chores so I could just stitch nonstop right? LOL So another plan I had is to try to not give in to peer pressure and join more challenges. I say that now.....Sure haha.

Yesterday I got all my cooking stuff back out and made 18 more zucchini muffins.....YUMMY...


Trying to make this last all week. Boy it was hard not to eat them all last night haha. They smell so good. I did have some for breakfast this morning.....YUMMY!

Family Update. Grandpa is still holding on. Which is hard on everyone. I really hope he can rest and be at peace soon. Some family wants him around and honestly that's selfish. He won't be well again. No chance. It's so hard to see him suffer now. We wouldn't let an animal suffer like this. So I hope he can rest like he deserves to. Bev is doing great. She is still on a Chemo pill for a little bit longer but she seems to be doing well right now. They have a trip planned for beginning of August since her 60th bday is the 2nd. I really hope she stays well enough to be able to go and enjoy her time. Jeremiah is excited as well to go along. We also have a little weekend getaway planned Fred and I. We haven't done that since mom was around. So here's hoping all health things can be okay for the weekend break.

I did have something happen to myself. I noticed I had a lump that was getting very painful. Friday I was in a lot of pain. I woke up 5am Saturday morning in tears. So I knew something had to be done. I woke Fred up and told him I need to go to the walk in clinic. I told the sweet doctor if you can't do anything I will go to the emergency room. She said my options were an antibiotic and wait a few days or lance it. I said just do it. The lidocaine injection was extremely painful but once that was done it was relief. It was an abscess and I'm glad I got it taken care of. She did put me on antibiotics for a week to make sure I don't develop an infection. It is still painful but I'm doing better every day. I told the lady in tears my body is turning against me these last few years. Just sucks. I have really bad tendonitis in not one but both my wrists. The right one is finally doing a little better but wow. Ouch. Anyway I will hide in my stitching and just wish all pains would stop for everyone I care about including myself. 

Hugs. Have a great week. Love yourself. Find any reason to smile.

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Lovely stitching, great progress on all your designs.
I am so sad to hear about your Grandfather, some people are very selfish, when mom was sick we only prayed she had an easy transition into our Lords arms.
I am happy your lump was nothing very serious.
Sounds like Bev is getting better with the chemo procedures, my neighbor is on the chemo pill, expensive but worth it.
I love Kitty and Me designs, I have been working on one of the cats.
Your muffins look yummy.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Looks like Christmas Celebration will soon be a finish. Colorful Eagle is also looking great. Don't worry, sometimes 351 stitches is all you need to have a good weekend. After all family and mental health time is just as, if not more, important.

Sounds like Bev is doing great! I hope she won't need the chemo pill much longer. I also hope your Grandpa won't be suffering much longer. I hope you healed up too! Nothing like have unbearable pain.

Take care and get in lots of stitching.