Feb 27, 2017

February WIPocalypse

It's WIPocalypse time again. Measi started this fun SAL so that we stitch everything we can before the apocalypse hence the name WIPocalypse. Grab those WIPs and get progress in! I use this as a perfect excuse to keep track of what I've worked on and how many days. We also get fun questions to answer. This month's question is...What is your favorite stitch other than the standard cross stitch?  Honestly I LOVE learning new fun stitches. I don't do them very often. I've done a few pieces full of them but nothing in a long time by glancing through my photos recently though.

Now let's see what I've been working on since the last check in January 29th.

Salt Water Taffy by Joan Elliott -- 3 Days
I was here on this one last check in...
Here it is now...
I worked on the lighthouse scene part this weekend. I really enjoy this one.

Elshire Family Crest  -- 9 Days
Here it was last check in...
Here it is after the 9 days of progress...
My goal for this year is to work on the crest every week and I've stuck with it so far. Finally making progress!!

Under the Sea SAL by Lakeside Needlecrafts -- 2 Days to finish the February section
Can't wait to see what's next!!

Monthly Snapshots February -- 7 Days to finish this one
Not Lost Pallet Kit -- 1 Day Start to Finish
Mom got me this FUN kit for Christmas. I love how it turned out. Plus it's a finished finish that didn't require sewing haha.

Spring Bell Pull from Stoney Creek Magazine -- 3 Days
I hadn't worked on this one since August. I was flipping through my WIP tubs and just had to work on it again.
I was able to finish the R block up after those 3 days of work...
Now I'm really itching to start the next block on this one! So much I want to be working on.

It's been a really nice stitching filled month again. Only 4 no stitching days. So I'm happy with the progress I made. How about you?

14 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Salt water taffy is looking fantastic. Love the new section you've stitched. You've had such a busy stitching month with so many lovely projects.

Mary said...

You are making really good progress on your WIPS. They are all very pretty.

Julie said...

Great progress on all your projects. Salt Taffy is growing well and the crest has had so much added this time. Well done x

Melinda Forbes said...

You really did a ton of stitching this month. I love the variety of your projects. They all look so much fun

Carol said...

You had a great stitching month, Katie! I really love watching your Spring stitching grow--that bunny in the "P" block are just adorable :)

Justine said...

You've had a fantastic month! Go Katie!

Preeti said...

You have been busy stitching. Can't wait to see the next Spring block, that's my favourite project from your list :)

Mii Stitch said...

Wow Katie, you've made so much progress on all your projects!! Love the under the sea SAL, I too am excited to find out what the next design will be :)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Great stitching.Seeing it altogether shows hows busy your needles have been.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your WIPs this month. I love the colours in Saltwater Taffy and the Undersea mystery too.

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work on everything, wow!

Brigitte said...

That was definitely a great stitching month for you.
Mine wasn't as successful when it comes to WIP stitching, but it was my own fault - I started three new projects instead, sigh.

Cathy said...

What caught my eye about your post besides all of your beautiful pictures was the "WIP Tubs". Love to see pictures of that. And is the Heron sitting in one of the tubs?

Heather said...

Great progress!