Jun 15, 2018

June Gifted Gorgeousness

Today is the 15th and that means it's time for a Gifted Gorgeousness update. The purpose of this fun blog SAL is to share things we have either received as a gift or are stitching as a gift to someone. It's amazing how sweet the stitching community is. This is a great example of that.

So let's see what I've been working on since my last post that fits that theme...

Well... I've worked on a few things since May 15th...

Ocean in a Bottle -- I was forced to buy because of Tiff.....wait I can twist this for a shoehorn... Because of the generosity of dear Tiff caring about the themes I like to stitch. She shared this new to me designer and I purchased the chart only to help out the designer....Did that work? haha
August Snapshot is pretty much exactly the same thing. I saw someone else had worked on this set and just had to get them. I have 2 left to finish now Sept and Oct. August is in my last post before this one.

Yesterday I started working on the June Durene Jones calendar piece which Rachel posted on her blog last year. This one does kind of fit this SAL purpose because it's a gift from Durene Jones since it's a freebie on her Facebook group.

I am noticing a theme here though....I need to stop looking at what others stitch haha. Yeah right, but anyway here is my first day of progress on the June piece...
I ended up getting a nice full day of stitching yesterday because our mower broke *sigh* So it's off to repair. At least it ended up giving me stitching time I guess. I will get some time today too. Hubby has a meeting after work before we go to our cabin for the weekend. So I will get off this computer and get some X's in. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Love your shoe-horning as getting away with classing these pieces as gifts! Glad you've got some stitching in this week and hope you have a great weekend at the cabin. :)

Brigitte said...

Helping out the designer is a really great purpose, lol. And you made some nice progress on both your projects, Katie.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, the linky post is now up. I love the idea of "The Gift of Enabling" shoehorn, that a clever one. The bottle is looking great too.

Christine said...

Great stitching, I like the way you shoe-horned it into GG

rosey175 said...

Hah, that is a great shoehorning! Helping out the designer is nice. Shame about the lawn mower breaking, especially after all that rain! I imagine it'll be a jungle yard soon.

Julie said...

Nice GG update.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend at the cabin.

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching progress! Good that you got some stitching time.

Ariadne said...

I am so looking forward to seeing how the ocean in a bottle will continue.AriadnefromGreece!

Astrids dragon said...

I am loving your bottle more and more.
Oh darn, more stitching time!