Mar 30, 2020

Monday Update

I shared with you on Wednesday my finished March Fairy. It was so nice to finish her up. Plus I finally fell in love with my stitching again. Hubby found out at work he wasn't so essential after all. So he was getting Thursday and Friday off work. Thursday we did some stuff around the house that needed done. We are working on getting our winter decorations all put away. With staring at the news too many days we didn't get it done like we wanted to. So hubby helped with a lot of the bigger things. We got the ones we could put up in the loft where they belong. We still have a bit to do but it could wait.

I pulled out 99 Bottles to get my 4 monthly bottles in. I got 1 bottle finished. I haven't taken a photo though so I'll share it with you later. Then we talked about since hubby had the day off Friday we would just hit the road and go to our cabin.

The city we live in is a very large city. I heard we have a population of 1 million now. Wow! The city where our cabin is located is really small. It actually just got one case of the virus instead of our 30. The roads aren't closed we are allowed to be out driving. My dad and step mother are taking all the same precautions that we are. So we knew it would be as safe as being home. Probably even more so. It was a rainy, muddy, miserable, stormy, windy windy and even more windy weekend. But we had a blast. It was much much much needed. I meant to take a bunch of photos but relaxing took over and I did just that. Here are a few I got though...
 
Jeremiah in his happy place all smiles. Fred showing how big the 12 foot wide cabin looks compared to a Fred haha. A friend asked on Facebook for that photo. Izzy is also laying in the photo saying Hi!

She got the clean bill of health today and cleared for no more visits to the vet till September. Her ears are all cleared. She has a bit of infection still on her feet and her tail but the meds are working. They also gave us a new daily pill to help keep her infection free in the future. She will be on it the rest of her life. But that's okay if it helps her be healthy and happy like she has been lately it's worth it. She was like having a puppy again. We asked her Friday if she wanted to go to the cabin and she yelped and jumped around. She LOVES going down there. Even in the mud and rain.

My dad was so happy to see us. It was March 7th last time we were down. We ended up watching 3 movies. Zombieland 2 -- Hilarious! Midway -- Great historical war movie. Jumanji 2 The Next Level -- Hilarious. We had a really great time.

I had packed my stitching but just having a lazy relaxing time won over. It was so needed.

Today I woke up ready to go. I had some major things that needed taken care of. Mom's doctor was being a pain about one of her meds. So I got a video chat setup and told him all the reasons she needed the med. Luckily after he finally agreed. So no more worries for mom. We were all worried it would turn out otherwise so I'm really really happy it's taken care of now. It's a new week.

We have some more decorations to put away and cleaning to do but hopefully I'll steal some stitching time too. Those last 3 bottles are really wanting to be done.....maybe before the 1st. We'll see. If not that's okay. March was sure a weird month. Let's hope for a better April.

Thanks for being here. Thanks for your comments. Stay healthy. Stay happy. Keep stitching!

8 comments:

Vicky said...

My stitching mojo has up and gone, I think by brain is to busy at the moment to deal with much LOL.
I will be working from home next week so I might be able to get some stitching in, but I also have plans to start doing a clean out/up of the house.
Stay safe xx

Carol said...

That must be wonderful to have your cabin at times like these--you can escape to it and just get a bit of "normal" back in your lives again. Love the smile on your son's face--he obviously loves it there :) Take care now, Katie!

Cathy said...

Lucky you to be able to get a change of scenery. I'm glad it was a relaxing weekend and your batteries have been successfully recharged!

Bluebird said...

That sounds like a wonderful relaxing weekend- I'm glad you were able to take the opportunity to get away and relax! Good news your dog is feeling better, too; I'm sure she enjoyed the time at the cabin as well. I love the March fairy- very cute series! Take care and stay safe!
Mary

Julie said...

Lucky you having this beautiful place to escape to and recharge your batteries for all.
Great news no more vet visits, I bet that was welcome news for all.

Faith... said...

Sounds like that little getaway was needed by all of you guys! Glad you were able to getaway for a bit.

Rachel said...

Glad you had a much needed and good weekend at your cabin to round off a bizarre March. Here's hoping April will feel a bit more normal as we continue to adjust to life under lock down. :)

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful getaway, I'd say it was well deserved! Great photos of your guys too. I'm especially glad that you were able to see your Dad. That's the hardest part, not seeing family.
Also nice to hear you got your Mom situated with the doctor, bad time to have to worry about that.