Sep 21, 2020

Monday Update

Howdy to all my fantastic readers. I'm behind on reading your blogs. I hope to catch up soon. Thanks for stopping by again. I have 3 more days added to the June Fairy...

5 hours and 39 minutes added so better than the week before. We had a beautiful weather weekend at the campground. It was nice and cool. No AC needed. About time!! We even turned out heat on in the cabin. We worked on a new section of cement...

I didn't get an after photo but the outside section are done now. Dad says that's easier to do so they don't have to wade in the wet cement. We will add the middle section this coming weekend. He will work on the walls during this week. He is adding the red metal to this section as well. It will be a storage area when finished up. We got our Halloween decorations all put up in our cabin Sunday. I will get photos when we go back down. I also was able to get more rows down on the Bear Latch hook and no matter how many times I told myself don't forget the photo guess what I did anyway haha. 

I'm participating in a 200 miles challenge. We can run, walk, bike or however just log those miles. I have logged 24 miles of walking since the start which was Sept 15th. The deadline is December 15th but you can finish it any time really. I will earn a cute medal when I complete it. I'm also in love with these challenge groups and games I have found online. It's so many motivation. Only problem is sitting on my butt and cross stitching doesn't help toward the goal.

I did sign up for something else stitching related though...

Just click on the image to go to the website and sign up. The goal is to stitch 30 minutes every day in October. She added some other fun things this time. I hope I can keep up. It will be great motivation to work at least 30 minutes right? I'm going to work on the Halloween Faces for the challenge. Hope to see some others join in. 

Have a great week! Love yourself. Smile. Hope we can all squeeze in some stitching time.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Nice stitching! Good luck with your 30 minutes a day in October and your 200 mile challenge.

Carol said...

What a cute piece you have going, Katie--and that is great about the 200 mile challenge. It IS hard to combine stitching with exercise, but I just tell myself that if I've sat for two hours to stitch, I must get 20 or 30 minutes of exercise before I can stitch any more. It does seem to help--good luck to you!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress! And great that you had more time to stitch and walk. :) Stay well!

Faith... said...

Oh no...not the heat already!! I remember trying to hold out as long as I could to turn it on but always gave up quick because I hate the chill. The cement looks great and your Dad had a pretty smart idea laying the perimeter first.

I think that you will have 200 miles in no time and way before the deadline! Walk that walk!! I joined Stitch Witchy too and plan on doing the Stitchonomy Halloween SAL. Not sure I can keep up with a little chart a day but I am going to try! Look forward to seeing your updates there.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the little Fairy.
The 200 mile challenge is a great idea. My walks have dramatically decreased since my son went back to school!
Off to check out the Stitching Challenge now. Looking forward to seeing the Spooky Faces back in the rotation too.

Astrids dragon said...

Three days has made a difference, she's coming along nicely.
I love seeing the areas coming together in the barn, what a great community gathering!
Good for you for your 200 mile challenge! I have challenges on fitbit too, they do make it more interesting. Yes, stitching does put a hold on walking!

Rachel said...

That's good progress considering you're only just finding your stitchy feet again.
Is that the same Witchy Stitchy Challenge you participated in last year? 30 minutes sounds a good way to get back in to stitching without compromising the 'new you' too much. Good luck! :)