Dec 1, 2021

99 Bottles in Finished

 

99 Bottles of Beer

From Ink Circles

Stitched on 28ct Evenweave (I Think)

Threads are Suggested DMC

Started April 2013. (Before Tracking Days)

The final stitches went into it last night!!! It was neat because my hubby was here and celebrated with me. I got to looking I started this one in April 2013!!!! So I added the year 2021 to the bottom right then added 2013 to the bottom left. I thought that was pretty neat. How long this piece has haunted my WIP pile haha. It feels a mix of sad and very very happy to have it finished. I will miss it but I'm so glad it's done. We are going to wait till after the Christmas rush and get it framed which is perfect because hubby's bday is in March so perfect bday present. 

Today is finally December so we got to start our Advent calendars. We all have one this year. Even Spike...

Today he got lumps of coal (treats). It has a mix of toys and treats. Since he loves everything we knew it would be worth it. He loved the coal and has been glancing at the table to see what's next all day haha. Jeremiah and Mom got Lindt chocolate. Fred and I got a different chocolate Madelaine. 

Wish Upon a Starfish swam out of the WIP box and asked for attention. So she is up next. See ya Monday for my next update. Have a great rest of your week and Fantastic weekend ahead.

9 comments:

diamondc said...

Yahoo Katie, it looks great, it's always a nice feeling when a design is finished.
I love Advent Calendars, it's fun to see daily what is inside.
The treat for Spike look good, my dogs would also be looking at the table for more.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Carol said...

Well, that is one big finish, Katie! I'm sure stitching each of those little bottles was a bit tiresome after a while, but you got it done--congratulations. Enjoy those Advent calendars--sounds like a lot of fun ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for 99, it's a fabulous piece! Now to find all 99 different beers for hubby's Birthday!

Claudette497 said...

It looks terrific! I'm happy dancing with you! Adding the start date was a nice touch!

Ann C. said...

Congratulations Katie on finishing 99 bottles!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Whoo hoo congratulations on a great finish

DJ said...

Hip hip hurrah!! Well done, and I'm betting that you are super charged about that too! Can't wait to see progress on your next WIP. I'm running behind in the Advent department...I better get my act together....

Faith... said...

Congrats on your fabulous finish Katie! It looks awesome and I am sure you are thrilled with it.

Love the Advent calendars, never knew they made them for dogs. Can you tell me where you bought it? Thanks

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance! I think we all understand what you mean about emotions when you finish a long-time WIP; it's like a companion you've invested so much time and effort into who's suddenly no longer there. At least you've got (one or two!) others who can take its place! :)