Jan 16, 2023

Jan 16th Monday Update

Hi Readers. Hope this past week has been good to everyone. January sure seems like it has long weeks. But that's okay I seem to be getting a lot of stitching time which is SO nice. So let's see what I was up to last week.

Monday I stitched up the 2nd Week of The Blackwork SAL...

This is a free SAL available on their website. New part is released every Monday for 27 Weeks. This week's part is beautiful. I really look forward to seeing each one. Plus they are fast really. 

Tuesday I worked on the free Valentine SAL from Cherry Hill Stitchery...

I'm trying to put a day a week into it at least. It's a fun piece as well. 

Wednesday and Thursday I worked on Hedgehogs in the Snow from Stoney Creek...

The bottom part is done and finally have a start on one of the hedgehogs. Cute!!!

Friday and the weekend both days I worked on Rainbow Dragon again. I am happy with my progress too...

She is so beautiful. All those colors!!! I finished the page I was working on. (Tip of the top of her mouth.) Did a little bit on the page to finish the first horn. Then started on the next major page of stitching to the left. Reminder of what she will look like...

I have 18 days into her now. 

Saturday we went out for a little bit. Ended up getting hair cuts, hanging out with some friends and a family member at our favorite cigar bar. Met a couple that knew my mom's parents so that was very fun. Love being from a small town. Everyone knows everyone. Ate a nice Mexican meal out and got back home. We were looking through shows to watch and found Vikings on Hulu. It aired on History channel for 6 seasons. We started it and fell in love with it. We made it through Season 1 Saturday. Just couldn't shut it off to go to sleep haha. Sunday I was so excited about Is it time to start it again? Haha. Plus it means stitching time haha. Until a really fun fight scene at least haha. There is a sequel now on Netflix too so we have lots and lots to watch. Do you enjoy binge watching shows? I sure do. Something we can do together. Then I laughed and said Boy good thing we have a good internet here now haha. Can you imagine? I think our happy place just might not have worked haha. 

Well have a great week. No plans this week other than working on my exercising. So when I get that done each day it's more stitching time. Love yourself. Smile. Enjoy!

9 comments:

jhm said...

Katie

I loved the Vikings when it was on. There were times I wished I could binge it to make it less confusing - especially in the later years when it got interrupted for any reason the network wanted.

I've tried to watch things again when they do marathons but usually end up falling asleep between 2-4 am, then can't get up soon enough to watch more. I did that earlier this year with West Wing - actually twice.

Enjoy your binges. and keep stitching!
Jackie

Cathy said...

Lots of nice stitching last week! We've just discovered binge watching since we got a ROKU device and Hulu subscription last month. We're currently binge watching the Murdock Mysteries.

Rachel said...

Great progress for the week; 2023 is looking great for you too!

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Nice progress on all your designs.
I like the hedgehog design so much.

Catherine

Claudette497 said...

The blackwork is beautiful! I'm happy to see a hedgehog started, I love that chart! I love to binge old detective shows - Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot, Inspector Morse/Lewis, Sherlock Holmes; I grew up devouring the books and it's so cozy for me to listen to them while I stitch.

Carol said...

Beautiful stitching, Katie! I just printed off that Valentine's Day freebie--not sure if I'll get to it this year, but it sure is cute. And your dragon is growing more and more beautiful! It must be fun to stitch with all of those pretty pastel colors in the middle of winter. You sound just like me, Katie--exercise, do chores around the house, and then relax with my stitching--it's a nice little reward :) Enjoy your day ♥

Solstitches said...

Your black work piece is beautiful and I love the snowy scene with the hedgehogs.
Enjoyed looking around your blog today and will become a follower if I can remember how!
Happy stitching,
Margaret

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on your pieces this week. The dragon is gorgeous!
I don’t tend to binge watch, we have several shows we watch but we’ll watch one episode of each in an evening and watch something different the next evening. We tend to alternate between comedy and competitions too.

Faith... said...

Your blackwork piece looks great and I love the Valentines piece. I want to do the Valentines one in February but I seem to have put my fabric in a secret location that I don't remember! I need to get in there and search for where I put stuff. Hedgehogs is coming along nicely but the Rainbow Dragon looks fantastic! It is so colorful. I love binge watching shows that way I don't have to try to remember to watch another episode next week!

I think your happy place turned out to be just what you guys needed and you seem very happy being there!