Jan 30, 2023

Monday Update and January WIPocalypse

Grab a cup of your favorite drink I have a long post haha. 

First up. Last week recap. Monday no stitching. Big stepping day with my Fitness groups. Tuesday I worked on Blackwork SAL and finished Part 4. Also picked up Erica Michaels 4 Seasons Winter piece Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Back in love with silk gauze stitching!! Friday and Saturday no stitching. Friday busy stepping day again. Saturday we did some errands and then watched a WWE PPV in the evening. Sunday I worked on Rainbow Dragon again because my eyes needed a break haha. 

Where are the pictures you say? Well it's also time (yesterday) for a WIPocalypse update. So WIPocalypse is a fun push to finish all our WIPs before the End of the World. I like to use it as an excuse to keep track of my overall monthly progress. Also how many days I've been working on what. So let's look back and see what January has been like stitching wise...

Season 2 -- Hands on Design -- 6 Days

Started and finished the January part of the Year of Celebrations Season 2. 

Blackwork SAL -- Tangled Threads and Things -- 4 Days 

Started this awesome Blackwork SAL available here. Another part was released today but that will be tonight after this post.

Valentine SAL -- Cherry Hill Stitchery -- 4 Days

This one is a freebie on her Facebook group. I started it and made this much progress. 

Hedgehogs in the Snow -- Stoney Creek -- 2 Days

Here it was at the beginning of January...

Here it is now...

Rainbow Dragon -- Paine Free Crafts -- 4 Days

Here it was before January...

I just LOVE working on her because those beautiful colors. 

Winter Gnome -- Soda Stitch -- 2 Days

Here it was...

Beer Dragon -- Paine Free Crafts -- 3 Days

Before...

He got to come out for IHSW so a lot of progress was made on him.

4 Seasons Winter -- Erica Michaels -- 3 Days

Before...

The motifs are all finished just the background to fill in. My eyes have to be in the mood for this one though. 40ct silk gauze is tiny!! 

None -- 3 Days. Not bad at all!

So glad to be back and in love with my stitching again. I sure hope it stays that way all year. We also got a beautiful snowstorm. We got 5.8 inches...

Spike LOVES the snow. It's hard to convince him it's too cold for mommy to stand outside. He runs and plays in it so fast. We were snug though.

Have a great week. Love yourself. Smile. 

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Great to see you back with WIPocalypse and a summary of your stitching for the month. And what a fantastic month you had! Everything looks awesome, but I especially have to admire the 40ct. Rainbow Dragon is, of course, the one I am looking forward to seeing the most.

Bridgette said...

Wow you guys got lots more snow than us, and it is so beautiful!! We have black ice tonight, glad I am tucked in with my needle and thread. Your wips are all fabulous and you made really good progress. I must say I love the colors in the Rainbow dragon and dragons are really not my thing, but I think he's going to be stunning.

Cathy said...

Your needle was busy this week! I'm glad your mojo is back, too.

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: It looks like you have been very busy.
January snowmen are adorable.
We have snow lots and lots of snow, Mikey like to bury his face in the snow and run through it.
Spike looks like he is having a ball, he is so adorable.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you got loads done on Rainbow Dragon! Considering how many colour changes there are it’s amazing!
Great work on completing the first Celebration month in the actual month too!

Faith... said...

You had an awesome January Katie! Great work on everything and congrats on your finish. Spike thinks you should have a fur coat too so you guys can play outside in the snow together!

Hope your February is just as good if not better!

Astrids dragon said...

Be careful, all that smoke from your needles might melt that snow!
So many beautiful pieces, you know I love seeing those dragons come together.
I have yet to start my silk gauze ones, you make it look so easy!
I'm so jealous of the snow you had, we've had squat this year!