Apr 1, 2024

Apr 1st March Recap / Monday Update

1st of April. Already. My how the year has flown so far. First let's do a March challenge recap...
Beer Dragon just refused to get a lot of progress this month. He got 345 but not the 600 I wanted. It's a Mermaid Life and Autumn Time didn't get progress at all. That's okay though. I did make a lot of progress on other pieces. 
 
Total 7,995 Stitches
Worked on 11 Different Projects
2 Starts
2 Finishes
 
April picks...
This month's Mix Up pick is the Dragon Biscornu from Tiny Modernist. I'm sure it will take forever just like the Mermaid but that's okay. No worries. Just fun. 

Now let's see what I did last week.
 
Monday I was busy doing life things. So no stitching.

Tuesday I worked on Rules for Life. I really wanted to finish it. I added 582 on Tuesday and then after 492 on Wednesday it was finished...
(9) Rules for Life
by Kincavel Krosses
Fabric 28ct Lime Jobelan (Bought at PALs)
Thread is DMC 986
Started June 30th, 2012
Before Day and Stitch Tracking
4,093 added in 2024 to Finish

Thursday I worked on Colorful Eagle by Kitty & Me. Added 297...
When Fred got home from work Thursday we left for Indianapolis. The hotel we were staying at was an hour and a half away. The Squared Circle eXpo event didn't start till Friday evening but this way we were able to get unloaded and have a nice relaxing time before it started. I packed stitching but didn't take time for it. Friday we went to a nice park nearby and took Spike on a long walk.
The SCX event went fantastic. Last year on Easter weekend was our first time attending this. Jeremiah begged to go back. They kept announcing people we were more and more excited about to meet. Boy we had a blast and enjoyed every moment. Yes Jeremiah has begged to come back again next year haha. Here are just a few photos...

11 Signatures. Jeremiah's favorite was Sting. My favorite was Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Someone I watched when I was a kid. Two wrestling events that were just action packed and amazing. Spike had a great time and got lots of pets and scratches when he passed through the very busy lobby. He says we can go back any time haha. We arrived safe home yesterday afternoon and Jeremiah hasn't stopped talking about it yet haha. 

So new month new stitching goals. Fresh promises to myself about exercising too. Time to get it back to the routine. I have to for myself. To extend my stitching time haha. I hope the month of April is good too everyone. Love yourself. Find any excuse to smile.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like you've had a lot of fun family time, Katie, and yet still had time to stitch. Your Rules for Life finish is wonderful! Hope your April is off to a great start ♥

diamondc said...

Okay Katie and Jeremiah: I am jealous that I was not able to attend, maybe next year.
A little stitching is better than no stitching Katie.
I hope you all are having an amazing week.

Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Astrids dragon said...

You are so organized! Your Rules for Life looks great. Do you know how you're going to finish it?
It looks like you had a fun time, especially Jeremiah! Wow, that's a lot of signatures, that's great!