Dec 17, 2018

Final December YOW Update

Tomorrow is the deadline to update my YOW album in the Soulful Stitching Facebook group. This is the first year I've joined in. It stands for Year of WorksInProgress. You pick a list of WIPs which has to be more than 18. You must complete half of them by the end of the year to be entered into some drawings. This time we had to check in April, July, and October. She is doing some changes next year but still the same idea to finish half the list. I'm planning on picking out 20 again. Anyway let's go through my list and see what I ended up with...

1. August Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished for the July Update
2. Cabin Fever from Mill Hill -- No progress since May. Will be adding to next year's list.
3. Camping Out from Mill Hill -- Not started wanted to finish Cabin Fever first
4. Christmas Celebration from Frosted Pumpkin -- Started this one and got 2 days of progress on it so at least I have progress to report. Will be adding to next year's list. Here is my progress...
5. Christmas Jars from Dimensions Kit -- Finished two jars last year need to do two more. No Progress this year. Will be adding to next year's list.
6. December Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished for the April Update
7. Durene Jones Calendar -- Just in time for the update I was able to finish up the December cutie which marks this one off the list...
So happy to have completed this series. Here are all 12 of them now...
Love the way they turned out. Plus they are finished!! Wohoo!!
8. Halloween Sampler from Frosted Pumpkin -- Finished this one up in November...
9. Hold on to Hope from Heaven and Earth Designs -- Finished for the April Update
10. July Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished for the April Update
11.Myrtle Beach Postcard from Erica Michael's -- No progress since April
12. Ocean of Wisdom from Erica Michael's -- Finished for April Update
13. October Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished in October...
14. September Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished in September
15. Spring Bell Pull from Stoney Creek -- No progress since August
16. To the Beach from Hands on Designs -- Finished for April Update
17. Under the Sea SAL from Lakeside Needlecraft -- No Progress this year
18. Where Stitching Meets from Hands on Designs -- Not started
19. Winter Messenger from Erica Michael's -- Finished for April Update
20. You are Loved -- Finished in August
So here is my final count...
So 12 finished of the 20. I will qualify for the drawing. More importantly I'm really happy with finishing those pieces. It was a great push to get them done.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I knew you could do it! To have finished more than half during the year is fantastic, especially considering how many other... distractions... your needles have had! And there have been some lovely pieces in there too (still love those eyeballs!) I look forward to seeing next year's list in full and encouraging you along the path of success again. :)

Sasha said...

That's amazing, and truly inspiring. I could never join such a challenge, myself, unfortunately. I tend to go for huge projects, so finishing more than 1 in a year is amazing, LOL.
I only had 1 finish this year, and it was a small one that I did on a whim because it spoke to me.

Amazing job!!

Faith... said...

Yay you finished December! He is a cutie pie. You have gotten over half of your list complete! I think that is amazing and I know you are happy with that progress.

Babs said...

That's a nice idea. I'm on a stash diet and really want to finish my haed, only 4 pages left :p

Cathy said...

Congratulations on finishing more than half of your list. I may have to look into this for 2019.

Sheryl said...

Goodness, that is a lot of stitching and you must feel very pleased to have met the deadline great work.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on meeting your targets! I love the collection of Calendar Creatures all finished up.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Well done on finishing 12 projects from your list.

Bethan said...

What great progress throughout the year. Well done an meeting your goal and getting over half finished! I do still think the calendar is my favourite x

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Look at all the finishes! Holy cow! I'm envious of your Durene Jones series and might have to grab those patterns at some point. You have so many good things WIP or UFO in your stash I seriously want to dig through just to OOO and AAAHHH