Dec 17, 2018

Monday Update / December Gifted Gorgeousness

Stole time from the Christmas hustle and bustle to do a Monday Update post after all. Last week after my Durene Jones 3D Snowman finish I switched to another Durene Jones cutie. This time it was for the last calendar piece. I got 3 days of progress and almost got it finished up...
I got the front panel finished and the back panel is started. Just need to finish it up and put it together. I'm hoping I can get it done real fast after this post is finished. We'll see. I need to update my YOW album on the Soulful Stitching Facebook group. I'm hoping to finish this December piece up and that will mark 12 finished off my list of 20 I picked for the year.

I would have had it finished but Friday my hubby had the day off work. I also had a scheduled doctor appointment. So I told him let's make a day of it and do some shopping while out for my doc appointment. I was complaining on the way to my doc that it was kind of wasted appointment. She hadn't done blood work and she wasn't really doing any yearly exams during the visit. I sure jinxed that. She did several yearly exams and blood work right after the appointment haha. At least it made the appointment worth it. My blood tests were all good results too which is extra great news.  Saturday Mom and I went out again while the boys stayed home. We were finally able to get our Christmas shopping finished off. What a relief. We also got our groceries for the week so now we don't have to shop until Saturday to grab just a few last minute things we couldn't get ahead of time because they would go bad. So tomorrow I will start wrapping all the presents and we have some baking cookies and yummies planned to make this week.

While I'm here I'll do my Gifted Gorgeousness update too. Jo (of course it's Jo haha) has hosted this fun blog event to be posted on the 15th of the month. You are to share anything you are stitching that you have received as a gift or are stitching as a gift for someone. So let's see what I can share with you...

Beer Dragon is for my hubby. I got a few extra days on him. Let's see where I was before the last check in...
Here I am now with 1200 more stitches added in this time frame...
I also got a start on a piece that came from my hubby for Christmas last year. It's called Christmas Celebration from Frosted Pumpkin. Here is where I am on that one...
It just wasn't calling to me so it will be finished up after Christmas and hopefully before next year's.

I'm pretty sure this year I have remembered to actually post for every check in. That was a big goal of mine. So I'm very happy about that. I love these fun blog events to participate in. I look forward to joining in again next year. Okay off to finish that December pillow and I'll be back for more updates soon.

8 comments:

Sasha said...

Great progress! I just wish I had more time to stitch!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie oh what beautiful work you do ,i love the penguin so cute,well done,hope your day is a good one my friend.

Christine said...

Lovely stitching

Faith... said...

You are making great progress on Fred's Beer Dragon!

Woohoo on making it to the December piece for your Durene Jones' set! She does have the cutest designs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's right - make me open up my spreadsheet to check how many times you linked up! You are correct - 12 entries for 2018. So much better than last year LOL

Love the dragon, but so much confetti! The colours are beautiful.

rosey175 said...

Congrats on your everything GG! It's fun watching the Beer Dragon grow.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Good progress on your stithing.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Since work is slow I have time to go back and make comments on blogs I've read!

First: I love your grime guard fabric! Secondly: How can you go wrong with Durene Jones??

I've been watching the Gifted Gorgeousness since it started and LOVE what everyone's been doing and yours especially because DRAGONS.