Mar 15, 2024

Back Online Finally

After publishing my last update on the 4th. I was happily reading emails and poof our internet went down. We talked to our internet company and AT&T got into a battle over our provider using their mobile service so a new SIM card needed to be mailed our way. Friday we got the card in the mail. Pop it in and nothing. So several more calls and they had no idea nor did they care that we no longer had internet and offered no hope in fixing the issue. So after 11 days with no internet we decided to go another route. We now have Starlink thanks to Elon Musk haha. It's double the price but we now have better internet than the hard line we had from Frontier even at our house in Fort Wayne. Being a home with a gamer and how much we love streaming internet is like air and critical with only getting more needed seems like every year. So now we have very high speed no limit data and I'm one happy girl. On top of that there was a lot of drama from life but first let's see what I've been stitching when I have had time to stitch.

Monday I worked on Christmas Celebration Sampler from Frosted Pumpkin. Added 217 to hit my goal for the month of 200...
I also worked on the Erica Michael's piece. (Photo later)
 
Tuesday and Wednesday was time for Part 2 of the Winter SAL. After 854 stitches Part two was added...

In the stars on the left is a charm but I will wait and add them after the piece is done being in my Q-Snaps. 

Wednesday I also added 111 stitches to Acorn Gnome a Jim Shore Mill Hill kit...

Close to a finish. One symbol and backstitching left.

Then my phone rang and it wasn't good news. My dad had called 911 for Bev. She had 3 seizures. So I called Fred and told him get home. I went into town to ride with my dad. She needed transferred immediately to the ER in Fort Wayne via ambulance. She got a room and we made it home about midnight that evening. Fred took Thursday and Friday off work so I could sit beside my dad and find out what was going on. She had swelling on the brain and it needed relief as soon as possible. The test that they would run on a typical person couldn't be ran on Bev because her platelets were too low from her cancer and chemo. I hate when you see a doctor that wants to do something and can't because a health issue is in the way stopping them. So they started her on a medication to hopefully treat the infection that was maybe doing the swelling. A lot of uncertainty. She was very agitated and it was just exhausting trying to keep her calm and safe. Then finally Saturday morning early she settled and fell asleep peacefully. It was a sigh of relief for everyone involved. Maybe the medication was helping?

Saturday I went up to Fort Wayne to stitch with my stitching friends who have a get together the 2nd Saturday of every month. I was thankful to finally be able to attend but so fried I didn't even both taking stitching. I walked in to see 3 close friends I haven't seen in years and literally busted out into tears. I appreciated their hugs dearly. Then we stopped for a visit to see Bev and came home. 

Now to add to no internet our antenna TV basically stopped working and my cell phone had been being very slow to do anything for a bit now. Sunday I finally had too much and blew a fuse. Fred ended up getting a taller pole, new antenna and installing it all. Which fixed the TV and now since our phone receiver was taller it fixed the phone reception and speed too. No internet but maybe we could survive for the time being haha.

I pulled out Grow Together from HAED hoping we could Grow Together and lean on each other with everything going on. 154 added Sunday (just couldn't focus easily distracted). 

Monday (boy I missed having my laptop to do an update) we had doctor appointments (my blood pressure is finally under control). But with everything mentally weighing on me I only added 35 stitches.

Tuesday I finally had focus (somewhat) again and added the last 228 for my needed 400 for the month...
 A lot of confetti in those trees but sure is pretty when stitched up. 

Wednesday I caught up on some house stuff. Also it was laundry day. Luckily the new Erica Michael's design Thanks to the Brave goes quickly right now because it's background fill in. I added 329 more to it. Here it is right now...

So tiny and I just LOVE it!!!

Yesterday I worked on Acorn Gnome and added 166 but didn't grab a picture just yet. Fred stopped on the way home and finally got us what we needed to switch internet companies. After way too much research (I get obsessed when researching the best option haha). We decided to go with Starlink. This is a satellite service that Elon Musk has helped into existence. They brag about no limit high speed internet for rural areas. Our options are limited here in our little town. This one looked the best. Of course double what we were paying but like I said we all accept how important internet is. Plus you can buy the equipment at Best Buy an electronic store in Fort Wayne that Fred could pick it up on his way home. 

Long story short. We have internet finally!!!! After 11 Days!!! Plus ready for this, it's better than any internet we've ever had even in our big city of Fort Wayne. It's amazing speeds and not even hooked up officially just basically sitting on our storage shed waiting for proper installation this weekend. Jeremiah had two new games that of course were released during the time off and they downloaded just crazy fast. Soooo nice. Worth every cent already.

Bev update. A lot is coming to attention in the last few days. The chemo treatment at the hospital is very negatively affecting Bev. She has worse reactions every time. The swelling could have been a reaction to the chemo instead of an infection. She just can't do it any more. So they are changing focus from that intense treatment to find another fit for her. When I first heard this I broke into tears because I heard it as stopping treatment. But it's not really that. Just changing to new technology that some people have to have to survive chemo. There are 3 new pills available to help in the last year the doctor said. So we are still in discovering the proper way to go forward. Quality of life is something that is important. She just can't survive another round. No way. So they are making a new plan now. Just waiting to figure out the best way ahead.

My mind is slowly letting me focus again. Amazing what having internet does haha. We have 4 weekends ahead with fun stuff planned. So focusing on the positives and trying to enjoy every moment. Hopefully stitching will happen too. If not....that's okay. This is my hobby and I love it. 

1 comment:

Faith... said...

Never thought I would say this but thanks Elon! LOL

Your Winter SAL is looking great.I am saving mine for the end of the month so I can work on it thru the end of the month without stopping to catch up with something else. In this picture Acorn Gnome looks like Winter Gnome haha

So very tiny! I would go blind stitching that Erika Michael's piece. No internet is boring but boy do you get lots done while it is down!