Mar 4, 2024

Mar 4th Monday Update

Wow it's March already. I know we all say this but life is just speeding by. I really really wish it would slow down. But we have some fun things planned this month so I'm glad it's here. Let's see what stitching I did last week.
 
Monday I worked on the Mermaid Biscornu after a busy day with computer work during the day and groceries in the evening. 98 stitches added.
 
Tuesday I worked on Winter Line Up and Finished it!!!
(#7) February 27th
Winter Line Up
by The Trilogy
Fabric 32ct Lambswool Lugana
Threads Suggested DMC
Started Dec 5, 2023. Took 12 Days.
3,367 Total Stitches
 
Wednesday I worked on the Biscornu again. 124 stitches added. So I ended the month with 1,874 stitches in this one...

Thursday I was in a weird mood so took the day off and did computer stuff. 

Friday I woke up grouchy but treated myself to a new start which always helps haha. 
This was the pick for this month in my mixed 12 monthly new starts. I love these Erica Michael's charts. So teeny on the 40ct silk gauze. I did treat myself to the suggested specialty threads. I love the way they look and using only one strand the threads go far with these. End of the day I had added 1,001 little stitches...

Looks so big on the picture haha. Next time I'll have to get a picture with a coin or something.

Bev update. She fell on Monday and was not feeling well at all. She went in for blood work Tuesday and they sent her to the hospital. They did all the tests and found out her potassium and magnesium was low so they medicated her and let her rest. Complications from chemo. She came home Friday. My dad said every time he takes her up he brings one less piece of her home. She is high spirits but very tired. So please send prayers/thoughts her way.

Saturday we decided to celebrate Fred's birthday early with a day out geocaching. If you haven't heard o it you go online to geocaching website. People hide things and post coordinates for you to find it. You use a GPS and locate the item. Inside is a sheet of paper where you sign your name and you log the point. We've done this since Jeremiah as tiny. Something to do to get you out and about. Plus other than gas it's free entertainment. The weather was lovely so we spent the day driving around the country. We found 13 and hit a total of 1800 since we started. We also stopped by Fred's favorite cigar shop. Grabbed some groceries and dinner and headed home. I had several phone calls with people about having a get together Sunday here at the campground since the weather was going to be gorgeous.

Sunday we woke up had breakfast. Started a fire in the fire pit and waited. Dad and Bev was able to come over. We ended up with 18 people including us here. It was a lovely day and impromptu gathering. It was great for Bev to visit with people and sit in the sunshine. Dad was able to relax and enjoy everyone helping to get what Bev needed. It was just needed. I put my phone on mute and put it down. Everyone was gone by 7pm and we had a wrestling pay per view to watch we were excited about. My eyes kept closing so we shut it off at 10pm and went to sleep haha. I'm so old  haha. It was a lovely day and we all needed it. 

There is so much going on in the world and our worlds. We are in a holding pattern. We don't know what's to come. But we try to focus on what we have each day and celebrate each little thing.  I have to breath and know the future is a question but I will go where I need to go when I need to go there. So breath and enjoy my day currently. I will do just that. 

Have a great week. Love yourself. Find reasons to smile. Stitch when we can. Stop when we need to.

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Katie: Congratulations on the finish and the progress on your stitching.
Looking forward to seeing the Biscornu finished.
Prayers sent for Bev, chemo is so hard on a persons body.
Happy Birthday Fred, I would sing but dogs howl, cats run and the neighbors call 911 thinking someone is dying when I sing, giggles.
Its always fun to have big get togethers.

Catherine

Mary said...

Congratulations on your finish. I love your progress on your biscornu. Geocatching sounds like fun, I am glad y'all had fun.

Carol said...

Your winter line-up finish is adorable, Katie! It seems like that one came together quite fast. I'm sad to read about Bev's continuing issues--and your dad's statement about bringing a bit less of her home each time is heartbreaking. That must be so difficult for him to watch her go through the chemo.

Geocaching sounds like fun--I've read about it, but never done it. Glad you had a fun time at your get-together and it was nice that Bev felt well enough to attend. Yes... day by day is the best way to take things. I often need to remind myself of that, too, as I get too caught up in worrying about what might happen in the future. Hope you have a lovely week! ♥

Tiffstitch said...

Sorry you had a couple of meh days, but glad the weekend went well and Bev was able to enjoy her time and your Dad to relax as well. So scary. Someone I play hockey with that has gone through chemo broke their leg in a really odd way. Just caught the skate in a rut, and it was a pretty bad break. It takes a toll. Hope this week is better. <3

Faith... said...

You were a busy bee last week Katie! Winter Line Up looks great! Will you make it into a small pillow? I can't wait to see some more mermaids. Whenever people say they are doing a mermaid I can only think of Ariel and her bright red hair because my Mom had red hair. You are a brave lady stitching on 40 count. Do you have magnifying glasses to see 40 count?

I feel very sad reading about Bev. I hope that they will eventually be able to make her comfortable while she has to endure this time in her life. I bet she really had a great time on Saturday. An impromptu get together is just what the doctor should have order! :)

I am sure you felt great having some days off from stitching too. Sometimes a veg out day is just what you need.