Nov 28, 2014

I started it!

Even though my belly hurt from all the fantastic food I was able to lift my arm and start Seaside Stitches. Here is my progress. I just LOVE working with the silks. I feel guilty when I have a little bitty piece to put in my ort jar haha. The area around the boat is called chain stitch. I'm pretty sure first time I've ever done that. It went fine after I realized what to do. I looked up a tutorial on YouTube. It helps so much to see someone do it. It was hard to count but it's right. Looks lopsided but I keep checking it and it's right so I'm not going to try to change it now. Today I'm not doing anything so hopefully I'll get even more progress. Just have to get off this computer haha.

10 comments:

Annie said...

Great start! It looks like you could put it in a small frame and call it a finish;)
I know what you mean about your belly hurting. One of my sons said some comedian (don't remember who) says "Thanksgiving dinner isn't over when you're full....it's over when you hate yourself." So. True.

Preeti said...

Its looking great!!

Linda said...

Very pretty design Katie. Nice progress.

Linda

Anonymous said...

A lovely start Katie x

Justine said...

Great start! I've never tried silks before, or chain stitch. Yours looks perfect.

CathieJ said...

That is beautiful. I have never worked with silks. I must try that some time. I don't think your chains look lopsided at all.

Meari said...

Looks very pretty, Katie.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you are loving this piece after your apprehension about working with different threads and stitches. It looks fantastic so far! :)

Mii Stitch said...

Great new start! It looks lovely already and could almost be framed as it is :) I've never worked with silk. Let's face it I already find DMC overpriced so, imagine silk??? :D Enjoy, it looks just beautiful!

Maggee said...

Don't you just love the feel of the silk passing through your fingers? I love silk threads! Great progress!