Jun 25, 2015

Found them!!

Jo from Serendipitous Stitching is to blame for my excitement. She was "helping" with suggesting ideas for the 2 gorgeous evenweaves I received from Heather in an earlier post. She reminded me of FireWing Designs. I have a few in my stash but I got to looking and think I found the perfect pair to do...
 
I personally think I would leave the words off. But these would leave so much of the beautiful fabric showing. I have an email in to my ONS to find out if she can order them. If not looks like they are available at Picture This Plus. What do you think? If I stitch them over one they will both fit perfect on the fabrics. The trick will be finding the perfect DMC to use so they show up well.

Hubby is going away this weekend with his Ham Radio group. They are doing a weekend challenge to see how many contacts they can make. He is really looking forward to it. They are camping and will stay up most the night playing on the radios. I can't even make fun of him since I go to stitching retreats and stay up most the night stitching with other ladies haha. Since I had a finish I'm treating myself to a new start. I'm going to work on the dolphin piece from Dinky Dyes called Wave Dancer.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Some fun variegated threads would be cool. A dark blue/green for Under the Sea or a bright orange/yellow for Sleeping Beauty. Cool design!

Heather said...

Storm season would look great on Storm Clouds

Preeti said...

Nice designs!! The second one looks complicated to stitch. Looking forward to your start(s) :)

Justine said...

Gorgeous! I would stitch them in black so they really show up on those fabrics. I think it would look very dramatic.

Tiffstitch said...

Great choices! I love dragons too, and those would really show off your fabric well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Haha, I'm such an enabler! Always happy to help enhance your stash. It's almost as good as buying for myself.

gominam said...

Enjoy your new start. Looking forward to this new fabric project, I know it's going to be amazing (I'm no good at color combinations, haha).

Katie said...

Thanks for agreeing. Now just have to order the charts haha.

Katie said...

I'm having a little problem finding the patterns. My fav stitching store in searching for me though. I can't wait to start them though!

Heather said...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FiberliciousDesigns?section_id=all&page=2

Just in case you're not able to find these here are some more cool patterns that would work.