Jun 20, 2017

Tuesday Update

We had a Netflix weekend. We watched Stranger Things on Saturday. We loved it!! I had so many people tell me I would like it and boy I sure did. Now to wait till October for Season 2. Sunday we started on Hemlock Grove. It's about werewolves and we haven't figured out what else haha but we are enjoying it a lot. It's from one of my favorite directors Eli Roth. Just as I thought this also meant a lot of stitching time.

My needles were doing fantastic and I got a lot of progress on the family crest finally. I even finished the 4th (really the 7th page) now out of 20. So now the top row is complete...
I was having so much fun stitching I forgot to take a photo at the end of the page haha. I immediately pulled out page 8 and got busy stitching. Wohoo progress!!!

Unfortunately yesterday morning I got a call from a very close friend. His wife (also a very close friend) had a stroke. So we hurried and hit the road. They live almost 3 hours away. I just had to get there. She's not doing well and my heart just hurts so bad. Her family is so important to my family. It's going to be a waiting game now to see what happens. Please if you spare any thoughts/prayers her way she really needs them.

I have finalized my idea for Jo's SAL. I'm going to join in tomorrow since it's the longest day of the year and the first day of Summer here in Indiana. So today I got everything ready. I have a pile a new patterns begging to be started all sorted out and ready to go. I'm going to work on each piece for an hour and see what I'm able to get worked in. I'll hopefully have time to post about my fun Thursday. So see ya then.

9 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. As requested, I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers her way. I was excited to see your update pop up in my blog feed. You're one of my favorites ever since your Disney trip. (smiling) Great job on the family crest stitching. We haven't seen Stranger Things yet, so I'll have to give it a try when I'm stitching my next binding. I like your idea of how you're going to approach the longest day SAL. I am afraid my schedule won't allow it, or I think I'd do the same. --Andrea

Rhona said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, thoughts and prayers being sent her way.
Great progress on the family crest. I'm terrible for remembering to take pictures too :)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Not a phine call one ever wants to receive,I hope your friend does pull through Katie.
Great progress on your Family Crest,it really is looking good.

Mii Stitch said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I do hope she will get better, I will be thinking of her.
Awesome progress on the crest! I see Netflix wasn't too much of a distraction for you, which is fantastic! Can't say it would have been the same for me ;)
Have fun with Jo's SAL!

Linda said...

Awesome progress Katie. Sorry to hear about your friend. Looking forward to seeing your starts.

Linda

Justine said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Katie, I will pray for her.
The family crest looks awesome. We loved Stranger Things. If you liked that try Orphan Black.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I hate those phone calls too, usually early in the morning so you know it's bad news.
Great work on the family crest though.

Kerryp77 said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. You've made great progress on the crest.

Brigitte said...

A Netflix weekend sounds really good. And I'm sure it wasn't the last one, lol.