Aug 16, 2018

August Gifted Gorgeousness

On the 15th of the month there is a fun blog check in for Gifted Gorgeousness hosted by the wonderful Jo. The purpose of this fun blog SAL is to share things we are stitching as a gift or things we have received as a gift. Stop over to her blog and see who all has checked in.

Now let's see what I have to talk about this time since July 15th...

You are Loved from Hinzeit was a gift from my hubby for Christmas last year. Here is what it will look like...
Here is where I am now after 11 Days of Progress...
The message on this one is just so sweet. I love working on it knowing my sweet hubby got it for me.

Then I started on another Christmas gift from my hubby recently...
This is Halloween Spooky Sampler from Frosted Pumpkin. But you don't get a progress photo just yet because I plan on working on it today. I really love working on it. I have the H block done and working on more of the border. I think I'll make my way over to the A block and work on that today.

This weekend is IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). I am hoping to get some stitching time while at the cabin for the weekend. This will be the perfect excuse to say I just have to get some extra time don't you think? Hopefully you can join in too.

By the way. My dad came through his shoulder surgery great. This time was easier than the other shoulder. His recovery should be full and quicker than last time. They was able to reconnect his tendon and do the nerve block. Last night he was just starting to feel his shoulder again and said it wasn't in too bad of pain so I really hope that continues for him. My Uncle also got pretty good news. He had a fist sized tumor inside his bladder and it's gone. There are two small spots they are going to check next month to see what they are. But it was still mostly positive news after what he was told at the beginning of this diagnosis. I did find out very sad news about a lady who I have so much respect for. She has stage 4 lung cancer that has spread throughout her body and she is not doing well. She is a kindred spirit of mine and the world will be worse without her in it so it really hit me hard yesterday. So it was a emotional roller coaster of a day.

Today I'm going to de-stress by relaxing and taking stitching time. Please hug your loved ones tight. Thanks for being my blog buddies!

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. It's always special to stitch on something which was gifted with love. Just one of the reasons I started this SAL!

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching progress, as always :) Enjoy your stitching relaxing time.

Rhona said...

wow....You Are Loved is coming along great! Can't believe that's only eleven days of stitching - I'd be lucky if I had half of that done! :) Love the Halloween design too.

Brigitte said...

Great progress on You Are loved, and looking forward to seeing you start on the Halloween piece.

DJ said...

How thoughtful of your husband to get such a loving gift! It must be pure joy to stitch on it! Love the Halloween piece, I'm looking forward to seeing it next gifted gorgeousness update!

Astrids dragon said...

Your husband gives great gifts! Good for you!
I'm glad to hear all is well in the family, but sorry to hear about your friend.

FlashinScissors said...

Great stitching Katie. You sure stitch fast! The Halloween pattern is very cute, look forward to seeing on your next GG post.
Sorry to hear about your father and Uncle’s problems and hope they continue to progress well. Very sad to hear about your friend.
Barbara x

Ariadne said...

Best wishes for your father!And the Halloween pattern really will be sweet!AriadnefromGreece!

Faith... said...

Great progress on both pieces Katie! Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Halloween piece.

Julie said...

Nice projects for this months GG
Good to read your family are recovering well from their surgery.