Oct 23, 2018

October YOW Update

While I was gone I frantically had to update my YOW (stands for Year of WIPs) album in the Soulful Stitching Facebook group. We had to post our update by October 18th. I tried to get it posted before I left and for some reason was having all kinds of problems. Of course when you need to get something done it acts up. Luckily I got it finished before the 18th. So I could breath a sigh of relief. Now I can share with my readers too.

This is my first year joining in. I picked out 20 WIPs to put on my list. You have to finish half of them to be able to join in the drawing for prizes at the end of the year. So let's check my list...

1. August Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished for the July Update
2. Cabin Fever from Mill Hill -- No progress since May
3. Camping Out from Mill Hill -- Not started wanted to finish Cabin Fever first
4. Christmas Celebration from Frosted Pumpkin -- Not started wanted to finish Halloween first
5. Christmas Jars from Dimensions Kit -- Finished two jars last year need to do two more. Not started.
6. December Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished for the April Update
7. Durene Jones Calendar -- Have finished these through September. Started October yesterday. Here are the first 9 all together...

8. Halloween Sampler from Frosted Pumpkin -- Working on this one this month. Just posted my update on this project in my last post so won't post again.
9. Hold on to Hope from Heaven and Earth Designs -- Finished for the April Update
10. July Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished for the April Update
11.Myrtle Beach Postcard from Erica Michael's -- No progress since April
12. Ocean of Wisdom from Erica Michael's -- Finished for April Update
13. October Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Working on this one now. Here is where I am today...

14. September Snapshot from Pine Mountain -- Finished in September
15. Spring Bell Pull from Stoney Creek -- No progress since August
16. To the Beach from Hands on Designs -- Finished for April Update
17. Under the Sea SAL from Lakeside Needlecraft -- No Progress this year
18. Where Stitching Meets from Hands on Designs -- Not started
19. Winter Messenger from Erica Michael's -- Finished for April Update
20. You are Loved -- Finished in August

So according to my count right now for October...
Worked on 3
Not Worked on 8
Finished 2 more for a total of 9 of 20 completed

Just need to complete one more to be entered in the drawing. I will finish the Durene Jones Calendar, the October Snapshot, and hopefully the Halloween Sampler even if it's not by Halloween. I would love to finish the Christmas Celebration too but I won't start that till November. I plan on joining in next year. This has been a fun SAL to participate in.

9 comments:

LindaLee said...

Oh my goodness. It sounds like you could stress yourself out with all the WIPS and deadlines to get so many done. Have to hand it to you though my friend for doing quite a job on them thus far. Way to go.

Faith... said...

WOW for YOW! You have been doing some amazing stitching here and you are just about to the half way point. Good luck at reaching your goal Katie!

Preeti said...

You still managed lot of stitching despite being busy and travelling. Love the Durene Jones finishes :)

Rachel said...

So close now, and still two months left to finish one more. No problem (as long as you don't let too many more new starts creep in!) :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have done well with your YOW. Especially considering you built another house as well this year!

I'm also hoping to get a flurry of finishes in the last few weeks of this year as my monthly projects draw to a close.

Astrids dragon said...

Look at you, all busy and finishing things! I'd like to say I could do that, but that would require way too much planning on my part.

Meari said...

That's a good bunch of WIPs you finished, Katie. I love seeing your progress on the Durene Jones pieces. So-so cute!!

Julie said...

You've done really well on the YOW Katie, well done, especially as you have not had so much stitching time this year being at the cabin.

Bethan said...

It looks like you have been really busy - good luck with getting one more piece finished for the draw x