Feb 18, 2019

Monday Update

Here we are another Monday. Today is a Monday after IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). Most the time I have a lot of progress to share. I do have some but Saturday I was busy. It was a wonderful reason to be busy though. Fred and I went down to our cabin just the two of us to celebrate Valentine's Day together. It was a much needed break and it was wonderful. Dad and Bev came and picked us up for dinner and we went into town to a brewery that is pretty new. It was delicious. Not only the drinks but the food. Since Bev was being the designated driver we really could enjoy ourselves. Fred was like a kid in a candy store haha. It was nice to have an adult meal with my dad and step mom. Fred and I had also rented 3 scary movies...the new Halloween, Happy Death Day, and The Quiet Place. We had a really nice time relaxing and watching movies together. When we woke up it was snowy so we laughed about how now we have been to our cabin during all the possible weather events...sun, rain, tornado warnings, heavy wind, and now snow. It was chilly but our little heater did a great job. If Jeremiah would have been with us we would have used a 2nd heater to just give it that much more help. Being 20 degrees for the high didn't help to warm up the cabin. We were fine though. Perfect excuse to cuddle up a bit haha.

Anyway like I said in my last post. I got Ocean in a Bottle back out of hiding. I hadn't worked on it since August 3rd 2018. It's on my YOW list so hopefully it will be finished this year. Here is where I was when I got it back out...
I was getting close to a page finish. I worked on it Thursday, Friday and last night for a little bit after getting home. Here it is now...
I finished the stitching on the page! Wohoo. I'm going to put in the backstitching before moving to the next page. It's complicated so I'm sure it will take a bit but it will be so worth it I'm sure. I'm going to keep this one out for now. Everyone seems to enjoy it as much as I do.

Hope everyone reading this has a great week. We have a weekend of fun to look forward to. We are going away for the weekend with friends. So let's get this week over with haha. Now I'm off to catch up on emails and blogs. 

13 comments:

Julie said...

How lovely to spend Valentines Day at the cabin, the first of many visits this year.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie how wonderful to spend time at the cabin and lovely to have family time,i love your beautiful work my friend,well done xx

Unknown said...

Love your beachy bottle great progress you made. Happy stitching

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

It sounds like a fantastic time. I wish I had a cabin.

Mini said...

Valentine day at the cabin sounds so much fun, I'm glad you had a good time.
How did you manage to get so much progress while watching movies? I can stitch while watching movies or TV series.

Rachel said...

How lovely to wind IHSW off with a page finish. The design looks lovely without the backstitching but I know what a difference it will make. Good luck! :)

Ariadne said...

I love how this develops.AriadnefromGreece!

Astrids dragon said...

I'm glad you got to spend some time alone together, very special times at the cabin! And having a DD to enjoy yourselves... priceless.
Your bottle is coming along swimmingly, I love it!

Carol said...

Your weekend at the cabin sounds perfect, Katie! So glad you have that place to get away to now and then!

Nice progress on your Ocean in a Bottle, too!

Faith... said...

This piece is so gorgeous Katie! Yay, a mini happ dance for the page finish.

SOunds like you and Fred had a great little getaway. I am sure it is great for the two of you to get away by yourselves from time to time and now you have a nice little place you can get away to, no reservations required!

Janet said...

Hey girl... I am a little behind but I am loving this piece you are working on.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I dearly love this....this is so cool looking and so neat looking....beautiful progress.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous work on Ocean. Glad you enjoyed your romantic weekend cuddled up in the cabin too!