May 28, 2019

April and May WIPocalypse

I missed the April check in for the WIPocalypse which was while we were on vacation in Vegas. So I'll do a recap from the beginning of April for this WIPocalypse. The point of this fun blog game/SAL is to stitch all our WIPs before the end of the world. Don't worry my WIPs alone will keep the world from ending I'm sure. I will NEVER finish them all because I keep adding new ones all the time. So for this SAL I like to keep track of what I've worked on and how many days I've spent on each project. It's fun to look back and see what I've spent my time on. Plus this helps me have an idea how long a project has taken me to finish.

Nautical Year -- 6 Days -- This set I'm doing for Mom. I'm stitching a year long monthly set from Sand, Sea, and Cross Stitch book. In this time frame I finished up April and May. So far I've stuck to finishing them up every month...
Lizzie Kate Stamps -- 8 Days -- I'm doing this set for me this year. In this time frame I finished up April and May...
Bunny & Tulip Biscornu -- 3 Days -- I finished up this cute little freebie for Jo's Easter Blog Hop...
The photo is showing the the top and bottom.

I had a lot of no stitching days...39 total...because of our fabulous vacation and time at our cabin. We've been really busy at the cabin preparing for a big party June 15th so no resting/stitching time while I was there yet. Yesterday I started working on Wish Upon a Starfish but I'll wait and update after I get some progress on it. My plan is to work on it till Saturday. Then I will finish up my two June pieces and I really really want to start on Adjust your Sails. So that's my plan as of right now.

Measi also gives us fun questions to answer if we want to. Question of the Month: Where do you love to shop for stash? In person I love to go to House of Stitches in Laporte, Indiana and Fancy Works in Bloomington, Indiana. Online I go to 123stitch or downsunshinelane. I have a LNS (local needlework store) here in my town but they don't stock very much stuff. It's a great place to go for threads, fabric, and framing though.

It's our busy time of the year but I'm trying to squeeze in stitching time. Hopefully next time I'll have more projects to share.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Cute biscornu, I do love a bunny

Rhona said...

They look wonderful....and you are so good finishing them as soon as the stitching is completed. (I should take a leaf out of your book and do that too!)

Astrids dragon said...

All great finishes, I really love the biscornu!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's so motivating to fully finish each piece as you go, the pillows look wonderful.

Rachel said...

I'm pleased for you that you're keeping up-to-date with these monthly pieces, not that you probably have a choice with your mom's ones; from the first day of each month I can imagine her hovering over you like an impatient child and repeatedly asking 'is it ready yet? is it ready yet?' :)