Jun 3, 2019

The People's Choice -- Mermaids

The first Saturday of the month the lovely Jo is hosting this fun blog check in. She gives us a theme and we make a post on whatever we feel fits that theme. Stop over to her post and see what others have shared for their posts this time around. The theme for the month is Mermaids!

I won't have a problem with this one. I have a lot of mermaids.
 
 
 
 My upstairs bathroom has all kind of mermaids. Ceramic, metal, wood, glass, heavy wrought iron and more metal. I love them all. I always loved swimming as a kid and my whole family said I was a mermaid in a former life. My laptop has a mermaid sticker on it...
My phone case is Little Mermaid and I have a Jim Shore mermaid from Disney Little Mermaid too...
That's a few I could find today on a search of the house. I'm sure I have more here or there. Now let's look at my stitching. According to my photos I've only finished one mermaid right now...
That's Seaside Squared from Erica Michaels. I finished the stitching in 2016. It's in my pile of things to FFO. Now I have many many more in my stash and WIP pile so let's take a quick look...
I purchased this one September 2018 which is called Sirena and really look forward to adding to my WIP list sometime.
Plus the adorable mermaid biscornu I recently purchased when I attended the Hoosier Retreat and is begging to be stitched up too. I also have a few in my WIP totes...
Aquatic Maiden from Tilton Crafts I haven't worked on since 2016. Here she was last time I worked on her...
Just remembered there is a mermaid on the Under the Sea SAL that is on my YOW list but I already finished up the mermaid...
I need to add 5 months to this one though to finish up the year long SAL. This was a mystery SAL from Lakeside Needlecraft from 2017.

I'm not going to look at my stash too hard because I'll be tempted to start a bunch of new pieces. Trust me though I'm sure there are more because like I said I love mermaids. Plus I'm sure there are more for sale that I need want shouldn't get probably will buy sometime since we all know me haha.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Nice to see Under the Sea again, it was fun to watch that grow.

Rachel said...

I thought you would have had and/or stitched more mermaid charts than that but, like you said, let's not open Pandora's Box too far!!
Your ornaments, stitched pieces and stash are all lovely (I still can't get over how small the Erica Michaels piece is!) You seem to have not stitched on any of your bigger projects (apart from Beer Dragon) for the last couple of years. I hope you pick them up again one day, perhaps when you've had a really successful YOW, as Aquatic Maiden definitely deserves some attention. :)

Faith... said...

You do have lots of Mermaids! I love your Ariel, I always thought she was pretty. I love your stitched pieces especially the little bitty one from Erica Michaels.

Rhona said...

What a lovely collection of mermaids!

jocondine said...

Great to see that we can meet so many mermaid visiting your home. Nice stitchings. xxx

Ariadne said...

Now here's a mermaid person! I love all the ones you have in mind to stitch!Good luck with that huge blue one!AriadnefromGreece!

Astrids dragon said...

Yay, my mermaid sister! I love your Seaside squared, you need to fully finish it so you can display it.
Let me know when you want to start the biscornu, it's a cutie!

Bethan said...

A great selection of mermaids - Little Mermaid and your biscournu are my favourites I think x